Sex while your pregnant??

I'm 30 wks pregnant and this is my 1st child and I was just wondering if having sex would hurt the baby?? Or can she feel anything while your having sex? What about different positions to have sex? Thanks

Candi8083

Asked by Candi8083 at 8:23 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it will not hurt the child. if you're not at risk for premature labor and your doctor didn't tell you to not have sex...then, you're fine. it's safe. she'll feel motion, that's it. do whatever is comfortable for you and your baby belly, position wise.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 8:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• The baby will probally kick and move alot and for the first couple times it will feel weird, but she will be fine and as for positions I found the spooning position to be the most comfortable for me but do what feels right for you!!
    Singlemama635

Answer by Singlemama635 at 8:28 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Having sex is completely fine during pregnancy unless your doctor has informed you to NOT have sex.
    I for one had sex throughout my entire pregnancy. And as far as positions, I didn't really find any uncomfortable...we pretty much did everything we normally did before I got pregnant, some things we just had to tone down a bit and take it a little more gently...
    But just find something that works for you and your bellie and that's comfortable and not painful.
    ENJOY!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 8:39 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I'm 31 wks and this is my firs and me and my hubby go at it all the time. it wont hurt the baby. your uterus contracts when you orgasm but other than that she wont feel a thing. as far as positions. dodgy style with pillows under you for support. laying on your side with him behind you and a new one for me is have him standing and slide your but off the bed like getting a pap. and you can be on top. these are a few so if you don't like how one feels you can try another. have fun!

Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• its perfectly ok as long as your OB or midwife has not told you otherwise you are good to go. I had to do stress tests for my daughter so around 30 weeks i had to stop having sex, but as long as you have had no complications your fine.
    dej11262008

Answer by dej11262008 at 8:51 PM on May. 12, 2009

• no it wont hurt the baby i have been having sex all through my pregnancy and im 38 wks and my doctor tells me to keep having sex because it will help a whoooole lot with the pushing .. the only reason u shouldnt have sex is if u have complications with your pregnancy and your doctor tell you not to have sex other than that i wouldnt see why its bad ..
    lp102607

Answer by lp102607 at 12:16 AM on May. 13, 2009