Recycling in Colorado

Does the state give Cash Refunds for recylcing? We're currently in California and planning on moving to Colorado next year. We like to recycle but does Colorado provide money back? From my research, it doesn't. Does anyone know for sure?

kmingledorff

Asked by kmingledorff at 8:30 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Money & Work

• Colorado along with any other state should give money for recycling certain items. Glass, steel and other metals are usually always worth money. You can look it up on the internet. Find the recycling centers and give em a call.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 8:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I live in colorado and my husband owns his own business so he recycles a lot of metal, steel, aluminum, brass and car parts. They have went down on how much they pay you for them so recently you dont get much but it all depends on weight and caertain product.
    dej11262008

Answer by dej11262008 at 8:46 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Thanks guys! I'm talking mostly like the household recyclables though: plastics, bottles, cans, etc

kmingledorff

Answer by kmingledorff at 8:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• In Grand Junction, CO you have to pay for the city to pick up your curbside recycling. If you bring it to the recycling center I think you get money for pop cans, but nothing else.
    It is a bummer, so many people won't recycle when they have to pay for it. :(
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 8:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• That's awful! Pay to recycle. Geez. California is ahead of the game in some ways I see. I still hate it here. LOL. I guess we won't get our extra 30 bucks a month for recycling there. C'est la vie
    kmingledorff

Answer by kmingledorff at 10:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• We don't give back deposits or anything like that for recycling here in Aurora. Heck, we don't even have curbside or a recycle center close to where I live. It's sad that it's not easy to do here. I *think* curbside exists in certain neighborhoods & areas in the city but, I'm not sure, and yes, you pay for it along with your trash collection.
    caitandcarasmom

Answer by caitandcarasmom at 6:29 PM on May. 13, 2009