Does it seem like to anyone else that alot of moms are consistently judging and telling other moms what they have done wrong? As opposed to trying to help and give advice without being condescending or rude?

We are all moms, which is a tough JOB to begin with. But when you ask a question, trying to improve your parenting skills alot of moms just want to judge and bash you for what you did wrong. News flash.......noone is perfect!

truthteller0722

Asked by truthteller0722 at 8:34 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• This is true, but it's not just here, it's human nature imho. I think a lot of the time it is very easy to fall into the I-am-right-let-me-tell-them-what-I-know thing instead of the what-does-it-feel-like-to-be-in-her-shoes thing or the how-might-someone-else-see-or-experience-this thing. I find, in myself and in others, that it is very difficult to see the world as a place where there are multiple possibilities, and "I am right" is only one of them. Still... yes, this irks me too when I see it here! There are some groups here that are consistently supportive though, as opposed to judgmental and all about drama.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• lol
    i agree
    but honestly, some of the questions on here are stupid you gotta admitt
    Anonymous

• yes i agree that some questions are stupid, so what? I am sure we have all asked stupid questions and done stupid things which we regret but this is no reason to label the person as stupid
    truthteller0722

Answer by truthteller0722 at 8:47 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i agree. to me this site is like high school online. everyone judges people rather than help them when they have a question. but i have gotten some great help from some of the moms on here and i dont know what i would do if i didnt find this site. im still pregnant with my first so i have alot more stupid questions to come lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 8:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• there is a diff from first time mom unexperienced and just plane dumb...
    Anonymous

• Yes, I agree, but it is really starting to seem as if it is everywhere. I hear people judging at church, school, and in my neighborhood. People are just becoming so mean and arrogant.

But there are some good people too. People who do not judge and who try to help the people around them. I love those kinds of people. That is the kind of person I hope I am!
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 8:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree, to a degree. Some people post questions like "I'm sleeping with my married boss and not using birth control, what do you think?" and are unhappy with the answers they get.

I give the same advice to people on here that I give to my friends. Since I have many long-term friendships, I'm assuming my advice isn't offensive to them.
    Anonymous

• yup hs online even now woman are just as vicious as they were then. nothing changed except age and parenthood. and it is sad.
    BlendedMommy009

Answer by BlendedMommy009 at 9:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well,I got to agree ,some people asked questions,just because,like I just can't get use to people asking,my child got a 104 fever,and he is crying,what should I do,take the child to the hospital,my problem,I beleive CAFEMOM is causing a lot of MOMS to be lazy,not thinking,some MOMS think it is easier to sit at the computer,type some keys, than get up and take their kids to the DRS.Now, I know alot of yal are going to disagree with me,but, thats alright,because,I'm the proud MOMMA of 5 grown kids,6 grands,I was taking care of kids,before the computer was invented,lol.But,really,I am also wise enough to know that CAFEMOM is the only help that some MOMS have. And,I am aware of all the good CAFEMOM has done,
    Anonymous

• I think it is because some moms think they are perfect parents, that what they do is perfect, that they have perfect children that never do anything wrong. That their way is the only way.

Then again, there are some questions that are just asking to be bashed. Come on, when your child has a 194 degree fever, get off the computer and take them to the ER, that is not safe. Sometimes, it is just a matter of common sense.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:44 PM on May. 12, 2009