Can some one help me think of some simple but good dinners to make for my family?

Im looking for food to grill, bake in the oven or fry in a pan just any thing really. I can do american, mexican but no sea food or chinese cause my husband wont eat it.

LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Asked by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 8:49 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Food & Drink

• lasagna.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 8:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Mexican lasagna is pretty tasty. Just use flour tortillas, make the ground beef with taco seasoning, refried beans, salsa, and lots of cheese. Layer it in a baking dish just like regular lasagna and bake for a few minutes. You can top it with lettuce and onions after it comes out of the over if you like. Yummy stuff!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 8:56 PM on May. 12, 2009

• A favorite of ours is salad made with spinach and cut up baked chicken. We put shredded cheese, dried cranberries, and something like sunflower seeds or cashew pieces in it, maybe some carrots, and our favorite dressing. Kids like ranch, I like champagne vinaigrette :) Pretty much season some boneless skinless breasts with salt, pepper, garlic powder, and I put paprika, bake till done, cut it up and add to the salad stuff!
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 8:58 PM on May. 12, 2009

• to grill, hamburgers, I've had people specifically ask me to bring mine to cookouts, I add a little worcestershire, louisiana hot sauce, and a little seasoned bread crumbs. My DH's uncle does ribs that are fantastic! He gets ribs puts sauce (any you like) let it marinate for a few minutes (around 30) then char grill them, his two girls who are picky eaters LOVE them (along with me, they are one of my pregnancy cravings). pork chops, marinate in italian dressing while you're at work (if you aren't a SAHM), throw them on the grill when you get home, yummy
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:02 PM on May. 12, 2009

• that salad sounds way good and healthy my daughter is 4 and loves salads I'm gonna try this one tonight. I make hot wing salad saute the chicken with a little butter when it's done toss it with hot sauce and a little sugar mixed in put on top of romaine and sliced celery with bleu cheese... way yummy in tortillas too.
    mizsaxton

Answer by mizsaxton at 9:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My favorite easy meal is boneless skinless chicken (and I make it different everytime, such as lemon chicken, honey-mustard glazed, breaded, etc), vegetables ( such as frozen vegetables, any kind), and brown rice. It is cheap, easy, quick, and healthy.
    bellasrose71008

Answer by bellasrose71008 at 9:04 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I like a variety of grilled chicken meals. I use barbecue sauce, mesquite seasoning and honey mustard most often as those are the things I can get the kids to eat. I also like a garlic and lime grilled chicken. Then throw in a side of 2 vegetables (or 1 and a salad), with either a sweet potato or brown rice. Grilled pork chops are good too.
    DawnA72

Answer by DawnA72 at 9:27 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Chicken wraps. Tortilla wraps, grilled chicken (tyson in bag), pre mixed salad, tomatos diced, cucumbers diced, and ranch dressing. It's a great summer meal and kids can make their own and have fun with it. You can put anything you want in it too.
    Arkie2VegasMOM

Answer by Arkie2VegasMOM at 10:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• If we want something good and easy and fast those skillet meals are pretty good and it comes in all different varieties. Another easy uptipb is crock pot meals like roast with carrots ad potatos. Then of course there are casseroles spaghetti hamburgers chicken and fetucini alfredo.
    kristalee83

Answer by kristalee83 at 10:54 PM on May. 12, 2009

• try kraft foods web site and Taste of Home has great ideas!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:06 PM on May. 12, 2009