bipoler

i am asking this question because the oither day my husben was told he had bipoler. he flipped out and it seems like i am the one who he gets so mad at. one min he is telling me to leave and the next he can't live with out me. we have been together for 7 years and he has never been like this. he isn't himself. we have two kids together and i am 9months pregnant. i feel like i am going to lose it. i need help what can i do to make things easier around here for eveyone??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:49 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• if he was diagnosed he should have been given meds
    a couple a=of weeks on the meds and he should be leveled out
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:50 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Is he taking medication?
    Anonymous

• First, please get him into counseling. And yourself as well! Bi-polar disorder is a hard one to live with (I know - DH was diagnosed a year ago and is in denial). Depending on what trips his emotional trigger, he will be up and down - sometimes very quickly. Is he on meds?
    There are also many many bi-polar groups on cafemom - they are of great help for support as well!
    Good luck!
    dragonfly7271

Answer by dragonfly7271 at 8:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• YES he is on meds they had to change them so he has only been on his new med for a day so i know they need time to work and he is in counseling. it is just so hard for me because i can't help him and i want to be able to but he keeps pushing me away. so i am trying to keep the girls good so we don't trigger him and they are younge so they are not listing. (2and 5) like i said i am 37 weeks pregnant so i feel like i am losing control and losing everything i work so hard at keeping. i am going crazy
    Anonymous

• Wow...thanks. I think maybe I should consider getting back on my meds. Maybe, just maybe, my SO is feeling this way too. I am glad I read this question.
    Anonymous

• Read the book called "I hate you, Don't Leave me". It might help explain things a bit better. There is also one called Stop Walking on Eggshells that's helpful as well. There is a group on CM for ppl with loved ones who have personality disorders. Remember that folks with disorders can't control their feelings so don't take anything personally that gets said.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:47 PM on May. 12, 2009