When do you plan to phase out the pacifier?

My dd is 10 months and uses her paci at naptime and bedtime. She may wake up once a night crying because her paci popped out, but other than that, it's not much of an issue. I'm in no hurry to take it away from her.

When you DO plan to phase out the pacifier?

Fallaya

Asked by Fallaya at 8:57 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Still trying figure that one out LOL. My daughter is almost 3 and she can not live without it. I tried to take it away but she drove me crazy. She will sit and scream at the top of her lungers for hours. I tried to take it away for periods at a time but that has not worked. I do notice she will not think about it when she is around other kids. My son is still young and she will even take him down and sit on him until she gets his away from him. For his safety she will have it until we get back from our vacation and then I will try and ween them from it. Any ideas of how without the hours of screaming fits.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 9:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• For both of my sons i gatherd them all up on their first birthday and threw them away. My youngest just turned 1 on april 22 and he used it at naptime and bed time too but he is doing just fine without it. they dont miss what they dont see.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:00 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I took my daughters away slowly starting at 10 months 1st she couldn't have it in public week later during the day then the next I just threw it away she might have been grumpy for a day or two but it's nothing that I remember I do know the longer you wait the harder it is... I think it's better for their speech in the long run and it's always a little weird seeing a kid that's off the bottle and potty trained running around still sucking on a binky bad for the teeth too.
    Anonymous

• I wish mine still took one. She is 9 months old and eaned herself at about 6 months!!
    Annette4797

Answer by Annette4797 at 9:30 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i took my dd's away cold turkey at 10 months. also took the bottle at the same time
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:24 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I took it away cold turkey when she got teeth.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 3:51 PM on May. 13, 2009