How do you feel about GM making its cars in China instead of the U.S.?

I am so ticked! All those tax dollars to "SAVE" jobs down the drain. According to our government we simply couldn't allow any of the big 3 automakers fail because of the huge loss of jobs. Well, they are now going to be sending all those jobs to China.

Personally, I would NOT buy a car made in China. When I think "made in China" I think the Dollar Store or Walmart.

This is according to an article in Automotive News and relayed to the public by Fox.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,519974,00.html

Don't do Fox news? You can read the article in Automotive News but you must have a subscription to do so.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 9:11 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 9:14 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I refuse to buy anything made in China. I will buy it second-hand, but not new. There are a jillion reasons not to support made-in-China, and job losses is just one.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Wow..that is sad!
    Anonymous

• That is one way to avoid the UNION
    irishtwins30907

Answer by irishtwins30907 at 9:23 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yup billions of taxpayers dollars down the dump.
    BEXi

Answer by BEXi at 9:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• All part of the plan. None of us will need to worry about buying a car from China, because none of us will be able to afford to buy one. The U.S. is becoming nothing but a welfare country.
    Anonymous

• I won't buy a car made there and try to buy American as much a s possible.. However much of my union experience has shown me gold digging cheats and liars that try and skrew their bosses and companys by padding time cards, stealing from the company and many other work ethics that I do not believe in. Its too bad.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I feel about the same way about all of their parts being made in Mexico.
    Anonymous

• Well, I don't drive a GM and this would ensure I never do. My car was made in the US, but it isn't an "American" brand.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 11:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Sorry OP but U.S only holds the brand name, almost all the part are made somewhere other then U.S.
    Our new Jeep Wrangler windows are made in Mexico.......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 13, 2009