Did/do you ever cry yourself to sleep?

I'll blame the pregnancy. But, i just want to know if anyone else is having a tough time with the emotions and prospects.

I cry everyday. Mostly at night when no one can catch me. But, some night i sob so loudly and uncontrolably that my SO wakes up. He holds me, but i just can't stop. He asks whats wrong and i start yelling about how i don't want to be a mum.

Whats wrong with me?! I do want my baby boy.

I'm 28 weeks pregnant.

mum-to-be-at-18

Asked by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:14 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Prego! That will happen! hormones are nasty things!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:16 PM on May. 12, 2009

• aww it'll be ok! it's probably hormones, and i'm sure there's anxiety and fear, especially if this is your first! I've had emotional episodes lately, while watching adoption story and baby story. I'd like another baby soon! no rush though. my son is only 1 =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Damn hormones.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• awww honey-hormones are horrible when you are pregnant. i used to start off crying then go to laughing and then crying while laughing almost instantly. it will be ok. explain to you S.O that hormones are the issue. talk to him and let him comfort you and be there for you. he sounds like he is trying and be thankful for that. my hubby used to go-"are you crying again" lol he didnt know how to handle my emotions. lmao it will be ok
    SThompson21

Answer by SThompson21 at 9:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My SO used to be like that. He used to feel like he couldn;t do anything and then get mad at himself. I just wish i could control it.

Sometimes i get so freaking scared. I'm scared im gonna die during child birth.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I am so glad I am not the only one who does this, thanks for posting the question. There are days when I think my DH and child (due in July) would be better off with someone else. I am very excited about the baby given that this is the first one I've carried to term, but at the same time feel like I'm losing myself. I think it's a hard transition but that everything will fall into place. Keep talking to your SO, he sounds wonderful, and if you need someone else to talk to there are lots of people here and you're welcome to PM me anytime.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 9:26 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Don't worry it hurts alot but it's not as bad as the horror stories you probably heard. Pretty much no one dies during childbirth in the US anymore, it's probably safer than driving your car. lol you'll make it. How much longer do you have?
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:27 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Just to point out. I'm a brit. I live in England. Though, i think our countries are pretty much at the same level when it comes to pregnancy and birth.

I'm due in august. I just entered my third trimester.

I'm sure i will be ok. I have complete faith in my health care system, my SO and everyone else who will be taking care of me while in labour. Perhaps its because i'll be 19 when the baby is born.

I hate being a teen mum. Everyone will assume my situation and that breaks my heart. Every time someone cringes at me or thinks i havn't got an education.
    mum-to-be-at-18

Answer by mum-to-be-at-18 at 9:37 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I agree that it is hormonal. I am not a very weepy person normally, but have been extremely emotional with this pregnancy - even crying over television shows and commercials, ha ha. After the baby comes, it can get worse, so be prepared. I cried every time someone told me my son was cute after my first baby came, and the Dr. kept asking questions to make sure I didn't have PPdepression.
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 10:19 PM on May. 12, 2009