tick bites and itchy bugs

anyone know any good medicine for tick bites, mosquitoes, or anything else that might bite outside and make you itch....my 4 year old is allergic to the bites and right now he looks like he has chicken pox because he has so many bites. I spray him down with OFF before he goes outside but he still gets bites. He loves it outside so I dont want to make him stay in all the time.

heavenlypeace

Asked by heavenlypeace at 9:15 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Health

• Benedryl? And Aveeno makes an oatmeal bath that also helps with the itch. I would check with the pediatrician, but my son used to also have terrible reactions to bug bites and no matter what we used he would get bit up going out for even a few minutes, the best we found was the Avon product, cannot remember the exact name but it was a skin so soft product.
    goaliemom93

Answer by goaliemom93 at 9:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You can try Aveeno or over the counter cortisone. I bought Skeeter Beater from Nature's Gift and used it in Africa. I didn't get one mosquito, tse tse fly bite, nothing, It is a miracle repellant!
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• We use Cutter Bug Free Backyard. It is a spray that you attach to your water hose and spray it in the yard. It works great. :)

http://207.106.112.198/114176605_lg.jpg
    lclarke494

Answer by lclarke494 at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• To prevent bug bites we love Cutter Advantage. No Deet, no sticky greasy film. Works great. Once they get bit we keep a jar of "Chiggerex" We can get it at Wal Mart, Target and almost all drugstores. It Takes swelling down, stops the itch and pain. Great Stuff.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• CALADRYL is the best
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• For the bites he already has, try Calamine lotion (Caladryl or other brand), or make a paste of baking soda and water for stinging bites, or baking soda and vinegar for itchy bites.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 4:42 AM on May. 13, 2009