is it better to...

is it better be in my own world and achieve my highest standard as far as "good family", "good career", "good morals" go or is it better to see the world and its entirety and compete with the world? I am finding it so hard to try and compete with the damn world. I want to enjoy what I am doing not get up to a high status place that I am SO damn proud of and how hard I worked to get there, just to be pushed off by someone else. Hope this makes sense.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Just for Fun

• How about it's best to see the world in it's entirety and then achieve YOUR highest standard.
    Anonymous

• I say stick to your own standards, but don't be afraid to learn from the world around you. You never know, you might want to change some of your ideals or morals or values. I don't think you need to measure yourself up against anyone else though - measure yourself against your own standards.
    FelipesMom

Answer by FelipesMom at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2009

• You live in your community with your job. You set your goals and try to achieve them. When the real world becomes overwhelming, I find it's best to really focus on what is important to you and what helps you function at your most productive level. The news is full of bad stuff which exacerbates the problem if you choose to focus on it. If you must be a cause fighter, pick one (Darfur for example, or homelessness) and contribute there. In doing that, you can live your life but still be helpful toward the global welfare. Know your limitations and accept them. There is always more time.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 9:31 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Why does everything have to a competion? If you are happy with your life why compare it to someone elses? Your children don't have to be the smartest, you don't have to make the most money, your house doesn't have to be the nicest, you don't need the most fasionable clothes. You can be happy without that. What is most important to me is love, like my dh for example he may not be a supper rich, scholar, and model but that doesn't mean I don't think he's the best, he is perfect to me. My house isn't the nicest, but I'm proud of it anyway, all the work I've put into it, all the memories.
    Anonymous

• (OP here) I'm not wanting the best of the world...rather I want the best in our hearts if that makes sense. I want to be this great photographer...and I want my son to have a nice room to play in that he is happy with, I want hubby to have something great to pursue like I am...I'm just trying to find the middle.
    Anonymous