for moms that have tricare through the Reserves - Cutoff and no reinstatement!!!!!

Has anyone else had this done to them? My DH didn't make his usual 3 month payment to Tricare in time, so they cut us completely off, leaving us with NO COVERAGE now, and my son needs to be seen for a post-operative appointment in July, now we can't go til the appeal is approved..we did that tonight. Since this is the UNITED STATES GOVERNMENT we are dealing with, who the fuck knows how long that will take.... I'm sitting in frustration and tears, I'm so fuckin mad I could spit.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:25 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

• Alot of insurance companies do this sweetie. They don't mess around when it comes to there money. I hope everything works out for you. Just make sure next time you leave post it notes everywhere or something to make sure you pay it on time. I can tell you after a second time you will not be aloud back on. I hate Tri care thier ridiclous!!
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 9:53 PM on May. 12, 2009

• When the government went from Champus to Tricare the entire system changed. Some for the better, some for the worst. Tricare isn't the only insurance that does this though. If you let coverage lapse by one day they cacel it. Last I heard their policy was 12 months before you could reinstate. I hope you win your appeal.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I forgot to say it isn't just the reserves they do that to. Retirees get hit with it all the time. Nothing like going from the top of the totem pole to the bottom.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:36 PM on May. 12, 2009

• it's such a kick in the face.
    Anonymous

• Have the fees taken out of your checking account automatically -then you won't have to worry about making the payment or forgetting.
    Anonymous