Why didn't he want me there?

Today's my SO 30 bday. He wanted to go out w/o me. I guess 'cuz I am not the partying type, by any stretch of the imagination. It really hurt my feelings that he'd rather hang with the guys than have me there too. But, it's his bday and I should respect that. Unfortunately, I caused a fight instead. I said I really wanted a night to go out and have fun too, but he didn't believe I wanted to go do the things he wanted too. Maybe he was right. I have been up since 3 this morning 'cuz of work and have to be up at 7 tomorrow morning. I just can't get over that feeling of being left out of something I felt was important. I kinda feel like I'm the last kid to be picked for the team or something...

sparrowprincess

Asked by sparrowprincess at 9:29 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• Do something with him this weekend. Take him to see Star Trek - good movie.
    Anonymous

• it would of hurt my feelings also, but i have gone out with out my x-husband in the past on my b-day, because he would be gone out of town, or just didn't want to go out with me. i never told him he couldn't go. wish you the best
    Anonymous

• yeah it might have hurt but it's over now. You can't change that. I agree with anon, do something with him this weekend you both would like to do.

Answer by admckenzie at 9:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• In relationships it is quite healthy to have your time with your own friends, with out your SO. It's healthy. And it's normal that you feel left out. But you gotta have your time with out each other. It's okay. Perfectly normal and healthy. I go out with out my husband. He's the one who never gets out. I have to tell him "Get outta here, go hang out with Mike or something!"
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 10:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Sweetie don't feel bad, I do the same thing, get upset cause a fight and then feel bad. But I think he should have done something with just you, and then possibly later on(weekend) went out with the boys or something. That way he wouldn't have made it seem like you didn't belong with their group or something and you wouldn't feel left out! Hope everything works out.
    LCmommyof2

Answer by LCmommyof2 at 10:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• what a douchebag. i hope you make him feel like crap when he gets home. my hubbs would never tel me i couldn't go.

i think that's trying to treat you like a child and not an adult.
    LilChynaDollie

Answer by LilChynaDollie at 10:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It just got better. I found out they're all partying it up and my best friend (his friend too, but still, she's a girl and should understand how I'm feeling) is there joining in the fun. So what, I don't party the same way they do. That doesn't mean I can't be any fun. Oh yeah, and since I'm super overtired and over-reacting right now, I posted a blog on myspace that probably just alienated half my friends' list. Awesome. Guess I'll go to bed now. I'm done being self-destructive for today.
    sparrowprincess

Answer by sparrowprincess at 12:47 AM on May. 13, 2009