Yucky dry scalp

My 2 month old has what you call cradle cap... And it looks horrible does anyone have any methods to get rid of it safely?? I tried baby oil but when he touched his head and then his face , his little face got irritated from the oil
Help!!!

logansmom911

Asked by logansmom911 at 9:42 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Also talk to you babies doctor, they can give you a cream to put on his head. It worked for my son within a few days it was almost all gone. There is a brush that you can buy from Babies r us, one side has bristles and the other side is a sponge. It helps get some of it off, and it is good to use after the cradle cap is gone so it doesn't come back.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 9:49 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Buy the cradle cap shampoo from the store and use a brush to wash his hair. You can also use plain baby lotion as well to help get it off, let it sit in his hair over night and then wash it fairly hard in the morning.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 9:44 PM on May. 12, 2009

• my son had it bad! what I did was spread vaseline over the area before the bath, then wash his hair like normal and once rinsed brush any loose pieces ou with a baby brusht! it took many tries but soon it was all gone and didnt come back!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 9:45 PM on May. 12, 2009