How come I felt flutters at 20 weeks and now sometimes nothing?

I'm 21 weeks now and I started to feel baby about a week and a half ago...well flutters I'm presuming?! It's all new to me and I just want to be sure everything is ok?! I still get morning sickness sometimes and feel slight movement every once in awhile. Could it be the position baby is in? It seemed like I felt little kicks a lot at first, but the doc says I should start feeling baby a lot at 23 weeks or more. I just want to be sure everything is going smoothly because I'm so excited for baby in September. Please ease my worries, if you can! Thanks mamas!

tinac79

Asked by tinac79 at 9:51 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh yeah and when I saw the ultrasound at 18 weeks she was so very active, but I didn't feel a thing just yet....
    tinac79

Answer by tinac79 at 9:52 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Your just feeling the baby move. They sleep alot so thats why your not feeling it all the time.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• yeah same here tinac saw lots of movements couldnt feel anything but im 20 weeks now and i feel movements sometimes alot sometimes not at all mostly i feel the head jammed into my hip which is killing me slowly lol..but it's normal not to feel it all of the time the baby is still small theres alot more fluid then baby just because you cant feel it doesnt mean the baby isnt moving!
    freshly.married

Answer by freshly.married at 9:59 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Yeah, the baby is still pretty little. If you are working, you may just not be paying attention to the movements. Be sure you are having snacks during the day, because it keeps both your blood sugar levels even. Pretty soon you will be wondering if the baby will ever stop moving so you can sleep at night!! LOL
    grahamom

Answer by grahamom at 10:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It is such a great thing. The baby's movement will change constantly throughout the course of the pregnancy. In a few weeks it will feel a lot less like flutters and a lot more like strong movements, and then it will be very hard to miss. Don't worry. This is such an exciting time. Enjoy every minute of it!!
    Zanjea

Answer by Zanjea at 11:34 PM on May. 12, 2009