my baby hates fruit

My 7 month old loooooves her baby food, but only vegetables. She hates all fruit including bananas, although she drinks grape juice happily. I tried mixing pears and other fruits into stuff she likes, like peas and squash, but she spits it out after making this horrified face. Is that ok, for a baby to only breastfeed and eat veggies?

soflashelley

Asked by soflashelley at 10:00 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Give it time. Wait a week and try it again, if she still will not eat it wait and try again. Eventually she might eat them. My son was the same way about certain foods and now he eats them fine. Kids are the funniest.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 10:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• My little girl only likes veggies too! So strange. I have been offering fruit for about 6 weeks now and she just ate quite a bit today!! Just keep offering it.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Be happy! You don't WANT her to get used to eating fruit all of the time because it is loaded with sugar (natural of course) and once she starts eating it regularly you will eventually find that she starts rejecting any new veggies she doesn't already like (or at least thats what happened to my daughter, lol)
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 10:20 PM on May. 12, 2009

• try mixing it in plain oatmeal.
    luvMIIsk8rBoi

Answer by luvMIIsk8rBoi at 10:32 PM on May. 12, 2009

• It is ok for her to refuse fruits, each child is different, breast milk is still her main source of nutrition so no real need to worry at this point. You should talk to her doctor though to be sure that they have no concerns about it either, it is always better to be safe then sorry!
    Wildkitten82

Answer by Wildkitten82 at 10:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Try giving her the real thing.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Well, hey ... at least it is vegetables that she prefers over the fruits! I'm sure though that in time, she will start liking them also. No cause for concern.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 11:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I would just keep trying it. With my DD when she doesn't like a new food we keep offering it. On Sunday we introduced lima beans and she didn't really like them and cried about half way through them. I offered them again on Monday and the fit started about 3/4 of the way through. Today she ate them all w/o crying. Just keep trying. It will take several attempts for them to start to like a new food. This was the 2nd food that we have had problems with and I will be persistent when it happens again.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:33 PM on May. 12, 2009