Is this fair?

I was listening today on a Christian broadcast how homosexuals are starting to infringe on the rights of Christians. For example a doctor with strong Christian beliefs refuse to artificially inseminate a lesibian couple as a result the doctor was sued. Or a Christian adoption agency being sued because of their refusal to allow a gay couple to adopt. Is it fair that Christians are being sued for sticking with their religious beliefs? Are we being made to accept THEIR code moral good and not our own? What are your thoughts?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:28 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• A doctor refusing to insemintate a couple because they are lesbain. YOU have got to be kidding me? A Christian agency REFUSING to allow a gay couple to adopt? What century are we living in again. MORAL CODE !!! Excuse me? Who do you think you are?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:34 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Although it is your complete right to beleive what you wish, but when you are in a public practice or buisness, in which the LAW states, you cannot discriminate (such as doctors or adoption agencies) then are you sayin your rights overrule the law? I mean if a gay male doctor refused to insiminate a straight couple is THAT fair? And if a lesbian couple owned an adoption agency but ONLY let gay couples adopt is THAT fair?
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 10:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

• "THEIR moral code"...get over yourself
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:35 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I think it's a tough call...I mean you can call "discrimination" on just about anything you don't agree with. I, personally, don't think somebody should have to do something that goes against their beliefs in general. There are plenty of other doctors that couple could have gone to, plenty of other adoption agencies... I think they have a right to those things just as much as anybody else but the doctor and people at the adoption agency also have a right to follow their beliefs and to not agree with something that goes against their moral fiber. It's kind of the same point of view I have on Churches, such as the Catholic Church, that don't agree with gay marriage, I say make it legal if you will, but don't force Churches and people who don't agree with it to perform weddings.
    Anonymous

• I am a Pagan and if I refused to inseminate a Christian or refuse to allow Christians to adopt I would expect to get my rear end sued. Would that same doctor refuse to inseminate Pagans? Atheist? Could a Pagan adopt through the Christian agency? Atheist?
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:41 PM on May. 12, 2009

• pnwmom why such anger? I do not support anything I do not believe in. If I know that a place of business was based on pagan or homosexual ideals I would not go.
    Anonymous

• Well what i dont get, is why straight christians are so prejudice? I mean who are the gays REALLY hurting? Why does it bother you so much? I mean im sure most gays dont waste half their life thinking and preaching about gays... i garuntee that gays dont let those same people even invade their thoughts. They just LIVE. like everyone else does. Why waste your time with something that really doesnt concern your day-to-day and they will probably never change. Why bother?
    collegemom1007

Answer by collegemom1007 at 10:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• collegemom and pnwmom - I couldn't have said it better myself.

Historically, switch gay for interracial couple and you have the same situation. There were plenty of people that saw interracial couples as immoral and against Gods plan. I think most Christians see the error in that logic now days. It is virtually the same situation.
    jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 10:45 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I totally agree with collegemom.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:47 PM on May. 12, 2009

• anon :44 pwnmom has a VERY valid point.
    bandgeek521

Answer by bandgeek521 at 10:48 PM on May. 12, 2009