How can I stop my 10 yr.old daughter from nagging me about ordering on line?

My daughter keeps wanting to by a Littel Pet Shop on line! But the thing is I never shop on line.But every day she keeps asking me ?And then she got her friend to ask me why not?so of cource I get upset!I explained to her why so many times.can some one please give me some advice?

entice....

entice

Asked by entice at 10:37 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Tell her why you don't want to order on line. She is old enough to be reasoned with. Explain that is is a sense of safety, lack of money, etc. Then tell her if she keeps asking, she will get nothing from you except basic necessities. Put your foot down and be the parent. Tell her that it is the end of the discussion and she will be punished if she keeps asking and her friend will not be allowed to come over for 2 weeks, or whatever you decide.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• You just tell her No. Put your foot down, you are the boss. Punish her if she won't stop. Be the parent. Take charge!!!
    Anonymous

• try amazon.com you can just put ur info in once and it saves it. also free shipping on over 25 dollars orders. i just bought a whole bunch of carnation drinks cheap!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 10:55 PM on May. 12, 2009

• tell her you don't have a card to order offline? That's what I would do
    SmileyMoo

Answer by SmileyMoo at 12:20 AM on May. 13, 2009

• You didn't say your reason for not ordering online. ..If the reason is you don't want to spend it, either tell her no, or tell her to go earn the money and once she has it all (+ shipping) you'll take the money from her and buy it for her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Does she mean littlest pet shop VIP. This is a pet you buy in a store and it has a code that you enter online and you can play with your pet on the lps web site. My dd has several of the VIP pets.
    mrssullivan

Answer by mrssullivan at 2:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• By the age of ten (by the age of 4, really), your child should know that no means no and nagging doesn't work. It sounds like she knows that she has worn you down in the past and can do so again; you need to work on your discipline and consistency or you will have an out of control teenager before yoy know it!

Answer by rkoloms at 7:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• You don't say why you don't want to buy it, but for sure, I'd take the time to explain and tell her that's the end of the conversation on that subject. If she continues, tell her no, and I'd giver her a warning that she'll be punished the next time she asks (for example, send her to her room, or no friends over or a week, etc).
    PhillyinFrance

Answer by PhillyinFrance at 10:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Learn to say "NO" . You don't need to explain yourself. You are the mom

Answer by admckenzie at 11:43 AM on May. 13, 2009