Bulima and pregnant

Does anyone have any info on eating disorders and pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:42 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• u just have to get over ur eating disorder for ur baby...if u dont then u can really hurt ur baby there might be some meds u can take idk...good luck thought
    Anonymous

• yup its hard but you have to give it up for the health of the baby. if you go into the groups section and type in eating disorders there are a couple of groups there im sure some of the ladies in there could be helpful to you since they have gone through it.
    vampire2007

Answer by vampire2007 at 10:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I used to be in that position, I think being pregnant has been a blessing. It made me really change my eating habits to healthy ones and make me keep it down. I know it is for the health of my baby. Now I am 36 weeks pregnant with a VERY healthy boy! I have gained about 23 lbs and there are times I get very depressed and get tempted to go back to my old eating habits but when I do I just look at my u/s pics, or talk to my son.... GL you can do it!
    Anonymous

• drink carnation drinks sweetie
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

• bulemia is bad for u without being preg. of course its not good for ur baby, u have to mom-up and do whats right for ur baby! u will gain weight, ur preg! u can lose the weight after, and u can loose it without throwing it up. if u have a girl, would u want her to have bad insecurities about her body and throw up her food? "mom does it, so y cant i" your issues dont matter anymore when u have a childs best intrest to think about. focus on being a good mom instead of focusing on ur body.
    good luck! get help if u need to. i will pray for u!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i was anorexic until i found out i was pg and the second i found out i started eating a little bit until my stomach could handle more food and then i started eating like a normal person again...you need to learn to not be selfish for your baby they need the nutrition i know its hard to get over but a baby is the best motivation to start having a healthy diet start off little and to the person who said drink carnation that is a really good idea to start you off eating well again...your baby needs you and your job is to protect them even while in your tummy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 13, 2009