One more Bridezilla question..........

My son is in the Bridezilla wedding because he is much older than the other 2 kids I have. They are 4 and 6. My youngest children are not invited to this relatives wedding, but my oldest son who is almost 18 is and is IN the wedding. Do you find that really strange? Children are not invited to the reception either because of the alcohol, so I have to take my oldest home to babysit the 2 younger ones. I am thinking of just going home after the ceremony and skipping the reception completely.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:51 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't go, send the kid that is in the wedding. Sorry, I wouldn't go without my kids. Weddings are traditionally family events. If she doesn't want kids there that bodes ill for her marraige.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:37 AM on May. 13, 2009

• id go home if i was you
    Anonymous

• I personally wouldn't attend a wedding where my entire family wasn't permitted to attend.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:12 PM on May. 12, 2009

• its obvious to me that its an ADULT ONLY wedding. Its not about leaving some of your family out, its about only having adults there. Dont take it so personally.
    HelloKitty86

Answer by HelloKitty86 at 11:43 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I don't think there is anything wrong with having an adult only wedding. HelloKitty86 is right don't take it so personally. If you want go home but don't hold a grudge because they want their wedding to be a certain way. Sometimes it's the picky attendees that make people bridezillas.
    Anonymous

• It depends on how the little kids behave. My kids were very quiet and well behaved. If they had meltdowns,I would NOT have taken them to the wedding or reception. It could be an adults only wedding just to make sure that it is a special day with no screaming kids,ya know. ;-) I would agree with that decision.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:11 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If my kids can't go then I wouldn't go. Let her stand there all by herself if she wants but that's just insulting to families

Answer by admckenzie at 12:16 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I wouldn't take this personally. Your older son that is in the wedding should be invited to the reception by far!!! Especially seeing he is 18. Some places will make couple pay open bar per head no matter what the ages are, and some places will not anyone under 21 in. Almost every wedding I have been to the families where asked to leave children at home. I was actually just in a wedding where the SO's of the bridal party where not allowed to attend the rehearsal dinner. How cheap is that???
    Jillybeans24

Answer by Jillybeans24 at 12:40 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It is one day that the couple gets honored in a way they wish to celebrate their special day. Make it special and be there because obviously they invited the people they care to share their day with. Take you oldest home and go enjoy a night out without the kiddos.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 13, 2009

• does it make one a bridezilla to plan a wedding the way YOU want it? i didn't know you had to consider the feelings and wishes of every guest when planning your wedding. good to know. NOT. you are being silly and taking it way too personally.
    itsnotaclowncar

Answer by itsnotaclowncar at 1:09 AM on May. 13, 2009