Has anyone else been told they had a low lying placenta at their 20 week ultrasound?

At my ultrasound I was told my placenta was lying pretty low, but don't worry. Of course, now Im worried. I know that there is a good chance that as my uterus grows the placenta will sort of stretch inot the upper part of the uterus. Has anyone else experienced this, and did it turn into placenta previa or did it fix itself. Thanks

Linemanswife

Asked by Linemanswife at 10:53 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It will fix itself. Majority of the time.
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:57 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I had this at my 20 week u/s w/ my 1st DD. My OB assured me that when I went in for another u/s at 30 weeks that it would have moved up. It did! That was a long 10 week wait!
    gaamom

Answer by gaamom at 11:25 PM on May. 12, 2009

• 90% of low lying placentas will not be low lying later on in the pregnancy. Low lying does not mean that you cannot have a vaginal delivery. Previa of any sort means you cannot have a vaginal delivery. The position of the placenta is not a concern for the pregnancy iteself UNLESS it is a previa, so don't worry about that.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• With my second son I had this. Then it moved and I was fine. My doc said it usually moves and it is not uncommon for women to have a low lying placenta early.
    bhwrn1

Answer by bhwrn1 at 7:39 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I had one with this pregnancy. When I had my ultrasound at 19wkd 6days it was no longer low. I too worried. Only because it had never happened before..
    Blue80

Answer by Blue80 at 9:04 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I did and my DR said that the only thing it really does it make it harder to feel him kick, but at 23 weeks it was higher and I could feel him kickin like crazy
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• i was told the same thing at 24 weeks or so, it fixed itself by 30 weeks.
    AshleyRoseG

Answer by AshleyRoseG at 10:45 AM on May. 13, 2009