What are some good modern day living room themes?

I have had the safari theme going on for the past 6 years. I am ready for a change, but have no clue what to do!! my living room walls are kahki and one wall is dark chocolate color. We have dark wood floors and my furniture is like microswade brown, tan, light brown. very earthy colors.. what can i do? I dont mind changing the color of the walls of course...

KylonsMom

Asked by KylonsMom at 10:59 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I think beachy and wicker.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:01 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Asian is popular. I think target has some cute rugs that you could decorate around.
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 1:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I like more of a natural style. We have tan suede/dark brown leather couches, dark wood shelves and credenza, and wrought iron. The wrought iron adds a nice touch. My decorations are leather picture frames with nice family photos, Thomas Kinkade pictures, and wroguth iron candle holders/sconces with moss green colors. I think Thomas Kinkade art is beautiful but it isn't something everyone likes so it's unique.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:15 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm not big on themes, since they get old quickly. For refreshing a room, I suggest finding either an area rug or a large piece of wall art and using it/them as your starting point. You can draw your color inspiration for everything else from that main piece: pillows, curtain panels, wall color, pillows. I would suggest finding something that works with the style and color of your sofa since you probably don't want to replace the most expensive thing in your living room...

Good luck!
    risonski

Answer by risonski at 12:48 PM on May. 13, 2009