Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

can anyone help me???

i really need all the help i can get i have tried so hard to get help in finding somewhere to go and everyone that has tried to help just keeps telling me to go to a shelter but noone understands i dont want to raise my son in a shelter i cant work i have no money please someone anyone please help me i need a place to live. the place i live now is telling me i have to leave and they know that i have nowhere to go but they dont care. i dont know what to do anymore im scared. PLEASE HELP ME.

Answer Question

Asked by lovelyladyroe at 11:01 PM on May. 12, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (7)
  • you don't have any relatives or friends who are willing to help you get your feet on the ground?

    Answer by llansky at 11:03 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • if you live alone i know of a great halfway house that is very clean here in PA?

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:05 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • try working as a live in domestc/companion on craigslist for a older person?

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:06 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • craigslist has a lot of live in nanneys too

    Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:07 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • This is not what you wanted to hear but, you wouldn't have to "raise" him in a shelter.You would be ther for a while, but they help you find affirdable housing so you can have your own place. There is nothing better than having your own place and feeling that security of knowing no matter what you can always afford to live there. Believe me its a big help. I've been there. It tough to be in the shelter especially with your kids, but when you get what you need out of it, you will be happy and stable. Stability is everything to me. Good luck, hope it all works out for you.

    Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

  • Go to the Department of Human Services and the should be able to help you; or call the Housing Authority and apply for Section 8.

    Answer by Allegra360 at 12:15 AM on May. 13, 2009

  • You should be able to find a social services agency to help you. If you don't know of any, contact local churches, mosques, synagogues and hospitals until you find one.
    Good luck to you!

    Answer by rkoloms at 6:03 AM on May. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.