Can you answer this?

I am a proud SAHM to a precious9 month old baby boy... I am 19 years old.. I dont understand why most older mom's think younger or teenage moms are not as good at being a mom as they are... Just because we are young doesnt mean we can't do as good of a job as you.. Yes some of us you are right they suck.. But I do what is best for my son and always will... So the question is why do older mothers look down on younger mothers?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my first son at 19, and I felt that way too, Now I am 38 and just had my third son a year ago. I have never looked down on younger moms, I think it is how responsible you are as a parent, and how you take care of your children that determines what kind of mother you are. hang in there- not everyone feels that way - those people are just ignorant- It is hard for EVERYONE the first time- Young or Old.
    mommyof3xy

Answer by mommyof3xy at 11:18 PM on May. 12, 2009

• because they have no common sense. older women don't make better parents. younger women don't make the worst parents. It is how you raise your children. You become a better parent by learning from mistakes and understanding your child and his/her needs. Listening makes you a better parent. No one is perfect. Everyone will make mistakes raising their children but it doesn't make you a bad Mom.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• im not sure im 18 and have a 6 month old little girl and would like to know the same thing....like even my own mom says that im no doing it right and she tries to help me because sometimes i forget the baby water or the formulaor something so i have to stop and pick up more and its just wierd..i love my mom to death but she needs to leave me alone im doing a great job as a parent and its not only her like i can be walking through the store and older moms will stop and try correcting me on how to carry my daughter or tell me that she shouldnt be sitting in the seat onthe cart and it bugs me....
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 11:08 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Im a young mother too. But i deff. dont think that older moms look down on ALL young moms. I think they look down on the majority. Which are the bad ones.
    I think they catagorize, which then include us. Because you have to admitt there are not a lot of us who actually take care of our kids.

When i see older moms dissing young moms, i make sure not to believe i am one. I know im a good mother, even if im only 18 and pregnant with #2.

I also think they think we should have waited. But that is their opinion, and i dont let it bother me. It would only bother me if they knew me, and directly said "Gloria, you are a bad mom because your younge" Or soemthing simalar! Ya know?
    mommyofAurora

Answer by mommyofAurora at 11:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I personally don't look down on younger mom's. They may think that with a little more education and a little more life experience you might be able to do a "better" job of raising a child.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:09 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I have no idea. My sister was married at 19 and got pregnant on her honeymoon. Within the next 8 years she had 5 beautiful girls and her family was complete. She's a great mom!

I don't think age has anything to do with it, it all comes down to maturity. There are a lot of mature young moms out there and a lot of immature older moms out there, and vice versa.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:10 PM on May. 12, 2009

• i have my child at 19...i always did what i want with my child but i would take any advise from any older mom.

Anonymous

• i think that they think we are not mature enough to know how to take care of a baby, and i think that this behavior goes back a long way, seniors in school think they are better than freshmen even though they used to be freshmen....etc...
    and there are just a lot of judgemental people out there. dont worry about what anyone says or thinks about u or ur ability to be a good mother. u and ur baby r the only ones that need to know ur a good momma! be proud of urself. u dont have to proove nothing to noone!
    lilysmommy23

Answer by lilysmommy23 at 11:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• I look down on uninvolved moms...as in those who leave their baby...and I mean baby for days at a time, leaving nothing but the baby and maybe a carseat..maybe, no clothes, diapers etc...

I look down on moms who have no idea about anything when it comes to their childs safety and wellbeing.

If a young mom takes care of her child then shes a good mom....age doesn't mean a thing unless you let it
    tabi_cat1023

Answer by tabi_cat1023 at 11:13 PM on May. 12, 2009

• Because a lot of young moms don't know what they are doing. They are simply not ready to give up their childish ways and be a good mother. I'm not saying anything bad about young mothers as a whole, because i was one too, i had my daughter at 18. Nobody thought i was ready. But am a damn good mom. I actually know people who have had kids at a young at and suck at it. They just look at us as a "young mother" and think we're all the same. Well i'm with you, we are not.
    Iluvmygirlies42

Answer by Iluvmygirlies42 at 11:15 PM on May. 12, 2009