Need help with a luau party for my DH

planning on having an Hawaiian party for my husbands 29th birthday party in August. Any help with game ideas, menu, drinks, decoration ideas will really help out thanks.

bobbicroft

Asked by bobbicroft at 11:19 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Entertainment

• Oriental Trading is awesome. I did a Luau for my son's 7th birthday. I did fruit and cheese skewers with hibiscus toothpicks. I did different types of dips and chips. Burgers and hotdogs are what we did. I had on a Beach Boys CD and decorated the entire backyard. I rented a 2 story moonwalk for the kids and bought palm tree coolers for drinks, had leis in small kiddie pools, etc.

It's and easy theme for adults. You can get the coconut plastic cups for drinks, umbrella toothpicks, etc.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:10 AM on May. 13, 2009

• lei everyone when they come in the door, do frozen drinks, bbq chicken skewers, dollar store has lots of lua decorations
    i did my sis' bridal shower and we did a lua theme lots of fun
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:21 PM on May. 12, 2009

• oh and we burned a cd w/jimmy buffet and other "beachy" type music and played that
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:22 PM on May. 12, 2009

• this website has all the decorations you might need
    http://www.orientaltrading.com/party-supplies/luau-a1-377343-1-0.fltr
    Anonymous

• Honestly, the DOllar Tree normally has really nice Hawaiian Luau decorations. No kidding.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 2:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I threw one for a friend a couple years back. We did lei's & grass skirts, tiki torches, we grilled out.

GREAT Hawaiian music is Israel Kamakawiwo'ole, he is just incredible. Look him up on google or youtube.

My husband wants a luau for his b-day next year. I'm going to buy him a conga set & have it there at the party as well.
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:37 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I also saw luau decorations at Wal Mart in their seasonal things, if a budget is needed.
    The previous luau I threw, we had it at a pool and we got everything from Party America.

You could do surf boards, pineapples, LOTS of flowers. =)
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 12:41 PM on May. 13, 2009

• LIMBO!! we did this theme before and it was a blast! walmart has decorations for that now and there are a few party places that will have a bunch of stuff. have fun!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 5:15 PM on May. 13, 2009

• I have seen tons of stuff at the 99cent only store.Yhey have alot of decorations.At party city I have seen alot of stuff too.Just get a stick and play LIMbo.You can make surfboads and hang them with invisible wire from the tree get creative.Make colorful ice cubes .Give everyone who enter a lai .Have a barbeque and make everyone come in beach attire.Have fun.
    monica-alvarez

Answer by monica-alvarez at 7:47 PM on May. 14, 2009