Has anyone used Acupressure for labor

Have you or anyone you known used acupressure for labor? Did it work? I read it is safer than pitocin.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:38 PM on May. 12, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, it works, My husband used it on me, Because my OB said he wanted to induce me which I was totally against, so right after that appointment, I went home got on the computer researched safer ways to get into labor, and this totally worked, the next morning I was in Labor.!
    prettymama0607

Answer by prettymama0607 at 11:48 PM on May. 12, 2009

• ive been reading ways to start my labor safely like nipple stimulation and some others and ive read about this but can someone explain to me pleaseee what exactly is acupressure
    lp102607

Answer by lp102607 at 12:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I read it is better than pitocin and has no harmful side effects. Massaging and stimulating the hormones to lead into contractions.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on May. 13, 2009

• there are two points you can do yourself.

massage above your inner ankle, like 4 fingers length above your ankle....use lavender oil too.
    also, you can squeeze the soft part (web) of your hand, in between your thumb and index finger (hold down for a minute, then let go for a minute)

these are things my acupuncturist told me.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:06 AM on May. 13, 2009