How much did you pay for your wedding? Did you pay for it all, or did your parents?

If you could give me a bit of a run down of expenses, like:
Dress and accesories
Flowers
Food
Cake
Wedding Location
Reception Location
Invitations
Favors
Music/DJ
And anything else I'm forgetting.

unsuspected

Asked by unsuspected at 12:04 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• It has been awhile since I was married, but I spent about $10,000. I paid for half and my parents paid for half. My half went to catering the reception for about 200 people at the cater's location. I remember that my dress was about $600 (Mon Cheri). I don't remember the cost of the rest of the items.
    Allegra360

Answer by Allegra360 at 12:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

• my sister got married last year and her wedding totaled about $10,000 as well. the majority of it was the location for the ceremony and reception and the catering, but it was all done at the same place by the same people. and she had friends come in and do the decorations most of which were made by us (centerpieces except three floral ones, candles, a "sand bar" w/candy since she got married at the beach etc...)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:16 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Dress and accesories - $750 for the dress. $250 for the veil $100 for shoes and I don't remember how much for alterations

Flowers - $1000

Food - $3500

Cake - $250

Wedding Location - $500

Reception Location - $500

Invitations - $200 out of a catalog

Favors - $150 - Wedding bubbles

Music/DJ - $450 for a small local company

Pictures - $450 - Had to drive 3 hours to meet him but even with his travel charge it was still cheaper than anybody in the area

Videographer - $250 - wedding present from the in-laws

Tux rental - $100 per tux, grooms was free.

My bridemaids paid for their dresses. We picked something out that they could wear again.

Flower girl's parents paid for her dress and it was something a little fancier than a easter dress.

We paid for everything. My grandmother let us borrow the money but we did
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• (cont'd) pay her back. This was 10 yrs ago though. GL and congrats!
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• This is going to be absolutely NO help to you at all...lol.. but I'm bored, so here goes anyways:

Dress and accesories: $0
    Flowers: $0
    Food: $0
    Cake: $0
    Wedding Location: $0
    Reception Location: $0
    Invitations: $0
    Favors: $0
    Music/DJ: $0
    And anything else I'm forgetting: Marriage license ~ $30

We actually got paid to get married ----by the pastor that married us :-) My friend's husband is a pastor --- we got married in their living room, he refused payment & gave us $20 as a wedding gift. I didn't have a dress, flowers, reception, DJ, etc. We all (there was maybe 8 people in attendence) went to Luby's afterward where everyone paid for their own meal.

Try not to be jealous! LOL
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:22 AM on May. 13, 2009

• laura1229,
    I am actually already married, 6 years. My original wedding was pretty much just like you've described, minus the 20 bucks and the food afterward!
    unsuspected

Answer by unsuspected at 12:41 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Same here 1 hr drive to Ohio $15 donation to the preacher and I think the license was around $30. But my ring is 2 carats and he has a really nice watch. And I was pregnant......

pytmom3

Answer by pytmom3 at 1:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My parents offered us the option of a big wedding or a big check. We took the check (and have a lovely house); had a lovely bar-b-que in my aunt and uncles back yard with just the people we love.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If you could give me a bit of a run down of expenses, like:
    Dress and accesories+ HIS SUIT= $1000
    Flowers$100
    Food$500 (SHOPPED AT COSTCO- WE DID THE REST)
    Cake-SEE ABOVE
    Wedding Location FEN in HAPPY ISLES in YOSEMITE VALLEY, YNP
    Reception Location PICNIC AREA
    Invitations $20??
    Favors NOPE
    Music/DJ NOPE
    And anything else I'm forgetting. HONEYMOON???!!! HEHEHEHEHE WE WENT TO MONTEREY/PACIFIC GROVE $1000
    My parents paid for most of it. We had no money, lots of love ;D Still not much money- but even more love- been over eight years and two grrls
    mtnmama111

Answer by mtnmama111 at 6:38 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I havent gottan married yet. My wedding is in August. My dress costs $200 I payed $70 of it already...and my mom is paying for the cupcakes we are getting and those are $3.50 a cupcake and we are getting 80. Plus it's $40 to rent a cupcake tier. My grandma is making the ring pillow. me and her are also making the wedding party cake. that will cost about $100 than....my fiance's mom is paying for the save the dates.... and she is paying for the photgrapher which wont be more than $600.... we are getting married at his uncle's house so that parts free.... and the food will cost somewhere between $600 and $1000 depending on where we go... me and jabe would pay for that..... my fiance's mom is paying for his rental for his tux.... the bridesmaids dresses were 59$ they bought their own. the flower girl dresses are $80 ... marriage license will be $68...we are borrowing the chairs and tables from moms work...
    mommy492006

Answer by mommy492006 at 10:44 AM on May. 13, 2009