did you know...

that you can buy a kit and supplies to do your own acrylic nails at a salon supply store? my mom and i just went today and got all the supplies and did our own acrylic nails, they look like we went to get them done and its soooooo cheap and easy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Yeah, you can get them at walmart too.
    I'd rather get them done profesionally because I always tend to glue my fingers together, or to something. I probably shouldn't be allowed near nail glue.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 12:12 AM on May. 13, 2009

• yup walmart's also has the extra glue etc...i tried it once but i couldn't get them to file down correctly so i had bumpy nails...so i just go get them done at the salon turns out cheaper and easier for me in the long run
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2009

• You mean the actual french tips? Or the press on nails?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Cool, now can you give me the steps to actually do it? lol.
    I've watched it be done before, but I couldn't tell you in what order it was in.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on May. 13, 2009

• the french tips, not the press on ones, like wen u get them done at the salon,

anon 12:17
    do you have like a sallys near you? it has all of the supplies that people that work in salons get their supplies, in the nail section they have acrylic nail kits and it has directions with everything you need, or else you can look it up on the internet for intstructions also, Me and my mom had alot of fun doing them, it was a fun way to spend time with my mom
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yea, I just looked it up on Sallys online, and I have one near me too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• yeah they have the same thing at walgreens but when i got them it didnt work out so well lol- the stuff kept clumping up on me- i gave up and went to the salon lol- i think my hands arent steady enough
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:42 AM on May. 13, 2009

• ooooh, girl! Where have you been? I did my own acrylics with the powder and liquid back when I was 20. That was 19 years ago!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

• lmao @ Gigi1969...I was just thinking the same thing! lol

Of course, now I know that they're horrible for your nails and don't use them :)
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 5:21 AM on May. 13, 2009