i am 38 wks and ive been having really bad cramps, they feel and come as often as contractions but when i went to the hospital they sent me home. what is a good way to get this labor started?

some people told me castor oil which i have tried and all it has done for me was make me go to the bathroom.

can i please get some advice from other moms.

i know that i really should wait it out but the pain is just horrible and i feel like i cant move my 3 yr old hates this.

lp102607

Asked by lp102607 at 12:12 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• well sometimes sex can induce it have an orgasm. but other than that the baby is gonna come when they are ready and WANT to come. try walking
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:15 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I just tried acupuncture tonight and I too tried castor oil, I wouldnt recommend doing it again (castor oil) drink alot of water because castor oil will dehydrate you and give you really bad cramps that aren't contractions. I know everyone says sex, I have been trying that too and afterwards.. (sounds gross) but don't clean up for a bit let it (the semen) set in. I guess there are acupressure points you can massage and MANY women go into labor. I posted an ad to see if other women on here have tried it. But good acupressure for inducing labor.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on May. 13, 2009

• the semen from sex can cause your cervix to soften so good luck... hang in there!! i feel your pain i wanna meet my little ones too and im not even as far along as you are
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:23 AM on May. 13, 2009

• sex
    ilovemyboys21

Answer by ilovemyboys21 at 12:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• For my last week of pregnancy I was dialated 4 cm and having contractions but they weren't consistant enough for the doctor so they sent me home twice! Finally a nurse told me I wasn't going into labor because I hadn't been sleeping enough. She gave me a sleeping pill before she released me from the hospital. After a 10 hour sleep sure enough the next day I woke up in labor. I waited until my contractions were 3 minutes apart before I went to the hospital and I had a quick 5 hour labor and delivery! I hope you can find a way to rest. Good luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• People say to walk, have sex, and play with your nipples, but I think the baby will come when he/she wants to come. Just keep telling yourself it is almost over. Plus those "fake" contractions you are having means it's almost done! Good luck, and congrats!!
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 12:55 AM on May. 13, 2009

• i'm in my 37th week of pregnancy and have a 17 month old... i'm right there with you, feeling extremely uncomfortable and even have pains! i'm so exhausted.... and i wonder when my body will go into labor on it's own. i'm trying an all natural VBAC!

there's a warning out for castor oil now, don't take that anymore. sex with orgasm, walking, bouncing on a birthing ball, squatting, hula hoop moves, 100% pineapple juice, red wine, spicy foods, nipple stimulation, chiropractor, accupuncture, accupressure/reflexology, lavender oil massage above inner ankles, squeeze in between your index finger and thumb, pray and talk to your baby....i'm going to do all these things starting next week.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:58 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Ok so ive tried walking ive walked a mile a day and all its done is made the mucus plug come out . Lol . And ive been having a lot of sex almost everynight and im going to take one of ur advice and not clean up right away so that it can help !! And i tried castor oil like 3 times and nothing has happend i wouldnt recommend it to any1 even tho it does work for some but the side effects r just horrrrriblee
    lp102607

Answer by lp102607 at 12:58 AM on May. 13, 2009