Mashed potatos?

How old was your baby when you first gave them mashed potatos? My son is almost 6 months old, and at his four month check up his doctor told us we could start him on fruits and veggies. He does awesome with them. And I haven't give him any food that I would eat yet, but I was just curious.

ashtonjames

Asked by ashtonjames at 12:16 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I gave my daughter mashed potatos around 6 months, but just make sure they aren't too thick. Kaylee started to choke on them cause they were thick - I had to thin them out significantly from how they were (with some milk) and then she did fine.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 12:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• im not actually sure how old my daughter was, but if hes on solids, it should be fine. make them from scratch. he'll proably be in luvv ;)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 12:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• mashed potatoes are fine if he is ok w/stage 1 baby food. my daughter was about 6 months the first time she got them, but i also only gave her the boxed mix kind, homemade you have to worry about chunks of potatoes or the potato skins, so she didn't get that til she was about 10-11 months old. if you do homemade, use a blender to make sure they don't have chunks of potatoes, and don't add too much salt or pepper.
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If it hadn't been for mashed taters, I don't know what my Avis would have eaten. She has acid reflux, and they were mild enough to feed her often, not to mention being filling and good for her.

Fix him a big bowlful and let him go to it!
    3_is_enough

Answer by 3_is_enough at 12:19 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Started my daughter on table food at 6 months.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 12:28 AM on May. 13, 2009

• The problem, aside from possibly being too thick is that there isn't a lot of nutritional value to them. If ya want a fat chubby baby it is fine, but there is more to feeding a baby then just filling them up. They really need nutrition. Maybe make it with formula?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on May. 13, 2009

• how do u preper the mashed potatoes u give ur daughter or son?
    mammaMia25603

Answer by mammaMia25603 at 2:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I gave my son mashpotatoes when he was about 5.5 months old. I made them just like I would for us and then thinned them out with some breastmilk so that they were easier for him eat.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:22 AM on May. 13, 2009