Bridal shower

What kinds of gifts are normally registered for at a bridal shower? I am throwing the bridal shower for my sister and I thought the gifts would be for the house, but others have told me that it's for the "Oooh la las" . . . anyone know?

BridgetC140

Asked by BridgetC140 at 12:24 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• its for the bride, and there isn't usually a registry for the shower.
    so it can be oh lala type stuff (which is the usual) or whatever you want it to be really. my sister's shower was last year, i threw it for her and we had a theme for the gifts, it was spoil the bride, so that covered anything anyone wanted to get her and some people did shop from the wedding registry but most got lingerie, bedroom stuff, lotions, gift cards etc...the wedding registry is for the wedding gifts. the bridal shower is just for the bride, unless you are going more modern and it will be men and women, and the groom will be there. in that case you can go with spoil the couple (bedroom fun type stuff), outdoor stuff (bbq for him, flowers her etc...). or you can pick a room of the house, a bathroom, kitchen etc...and the gifts are meant just for that room. the only prob with that is if people get decorative type stuff that clashes w/the couples CONT
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• tastes. sorry i may have gone a bit overboard with the explanation but i was trying to give you ideas too :)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:31 AM on May. 13, 2009

• No, that's great!! You answered my question perfecftly! Thanks!
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:33 AM on May. 13, 2009

• http://wedding.theknot.com/bridesmaids-mother-of-the-bride/bridal-shower-ideas/articles/6-bridal-shower-gift-giving-tips.aspx

i looked this up and this should help u
    lovelyli217

Answer by lovelyli217 at 12:34 AM on May. 13, 2009