best bottles for colic?

does anyone have suggestions on the best bottles for colic? ive been using drop ins, they work okay~thought maybe others had success with something different? any other tips for colic babies? she is 4 weeks today.

charlene29

Asked by charlene29 at 12:24 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My baby wasnt colicky but I have heard that the vent air ones work well. Or you could try the soothies. I have never used those but a friend of mine with a colicky baby used those. Sorry not much help.
    ashtonjames

Answer by ashtonjames at 12:27 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Playtex drop-ins if you think your baby is colicky from gas/too much air/gulping formula too fast. They have collapseable liner so baby gets minimum air, and their slow nipples are actually slow unlike many other brands.
    ShadesofGrey

Answer by ShadesofGrey at 2:03 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Dr, Brown is what has worked for my baby.
    mag12305cmg

Answer by mag12305cmg at 6:17 AM on May. 13, 2009

• We tried everything! We stuck with the drop-ins. The Ventair started to leak, and the Dr. Brown's were OK, but they're a pain the butt to clean. Many moms love them, and swear by them though! My guy seemed to like the nipples with the drop-in's - you can also get the generic liners at Target. To soothe your baby -- try renting the DVD or getting the book "The Happiest Baby on the Block." It teaches an excellent soothing technique!!! Google it for instructions - good luck! Just remember, it is a phase and it will pass :-)
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 6:41 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Colic is colic and there is no cure for it. You can use any bottle you want but if it's really colic there won't be a difference.

Colic is not gas. They are two different things. If the baby is just gassy, then rethink how you're feeding her.

If you are putting formula in her bottle, make it up ahead of time then warm it before feeding her. (that is if you're using powdered formula) Make up a batch and keep it in the fridge. It's good for 24 hours. And that way, the extra air bubbles have time to dissipate so they don't end upin her tummy.

With the drop-ins, you can also force out all the extra air to keep that from her tummy as well.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:24 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't really think colic exists. Some say it's gas, some say it's over stimulation, my daughter had undiagnosed allergies and reflux. I think it depends on the baby. When and how often they cry. DD did not just cry in the evenings but ALL the time, even when she was trying to nurse. And it was painful cries. I'd make sure that gas was the real reason he's crying. Maybe there is an underlying cause for the gas such as allergies. Drop-In bottles I think are great for not letting in extra air. If it's allergies you need to change the formula. Do they havea vinegar smelling breath? That's a sign of reflux - even if they aren't spitting up.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 9:10 AM on May. 13, 2009

• lol moon lover...trust me dear colic exisits nad is alive and well. reflux is a totally diff issue... to the op hang in there, colic will end at about 4 months. The vent aire bottles worked well for us, have not leaked at all. a trick that works for my son is to lay him on my forarms on his tummy and sway him gently. good luck and hang in there.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 10:23 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Colic is the catch all name if the doctor doesn't know the answer. There is a reason babies cry.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 11:39 AM on May. 17, 2009