curious

At what age do you start stage 2 foods, then stage 3 and then table foods?

leann74016

Asked by leann74016 at 12:43 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I think they have age things on the side of the containers or whatever
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 12:44 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It's really up to you, how big your babys appetite is and how your baby is responding to the baby food. You're recommended to start stage 2 baby foods around 7 months and then stage 3 baby foods around age 9-12 months.
    NFLplayerswife

Answer by NFLplayerswife at 12:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• They have age groups but they really don't do much good. Really just watch what your baby eats and decide for yourself. If your baby is downing a stage 1 food then go to stage 2 as they are bigger containers. Also as long as you have determined that your baby is not allergic to any foods, as many stage 2 foods are mixed foods. Then I decided to move my son to stage 3 when he started to like food with texture in it. At first when I tried stage 3 he didn't like it because many have pieces of food in it. After waiting a while he could care less and eats everything. Your baby will let you know when they are ready for other foods.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 12:50 AM on May. 13, 2009

• they actually recommend stages of development, rather than specific ages. like, once your baby sits up on his own, crawls, stands, etc
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 12:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• We started stage 2 from the very beginning. There's no difference other than the size of the jar and availability of combinations. We just did all the single ingredients first then worked into the combos. It's much more cost effective.

Our pediatrician told us to avoid stage 3 because of the choking hazard and that there is no reason for it.

We introduced table and finger foods at 6 months. By 9 months they were on all table foods, eating everything we did (other than the foods which are obviously supposed to wait until later)

I think it's hilarious that those food companies put on there that a baby can have a certain food once they can crawl or walk. Like crawling or walking really has anything to do with what the heck they can eat.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 6:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• We started table foods at 6 months. The two weeks before that I gave her lumpy but soft food.
    MoonLover06

Answer by MoonLover06 at 10:09 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Depends on your baby. My DD went straight to stage 3 she hated and still does like the smooth stuff.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 11:28 AM on May. 13, 2009