I need new interesting things to do with my 4 month old

Does anyone have any ideas on new things to do with my 4 month old? I live in AZ so it's just too hot to be outside, plus I don't have a lot of money: so anything free and inside. I feel like she is getting so bored doing the same thing over and over. We sing, talk, read books, dance, look in the mirror, floor time, and walks in the morning and night. I just got a baby mozart dvd and she didn't seem to really care much. Any ideas??

dbodani

Asked by dbodani at 12:50 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• One, let her learn to play on her own without you. (SERIOUSLY) Two, do what YOU want, not what enertains a baby. If she is bored she will learn to entertain herself. Otherwise you will be facing a lifetime of "MOMMY, I'm bored!!" I have three kids and never did I entertain them. I gave them toys and let them play. I played with them on occasion when I felt like it, but they must use their brain and allow it to develop imagination ect. How is that going to happen if you plan her entertainment?
    If you must go out, we went to the mall when I was desperate to go somewhere, anywhere.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Theres not a whole lot out there for a little one that age can really do. When my kids where that small I also tried to find things. Do you have any playgroups around? CHeck on here or if you happen to be military the family support center. This way she can interact with other little ones her age (not that they will do much together) and also you get to meet other mothers and plan things to do. At 4 months she is old enough for an activity center if you have one that she can play in that, my son loves the rainforest jumperoo. It is great that you are doing all the reading and playing, it helps in the brain development. It also brings her closer to you. You will always have the memories of these times you are playing with her and the smile you have put her face. They grow fast and soon once they get mobile it might be harder for her to sit and do these things with you, my son is everywhere. Keep being a good mom.
    hosein

Answer by hosein at 11:10 AM on May. 13, 2009