getting tubes tied..?

Will getting your tubes tied stop your periods?

freshly.married

Asked by freshly.married at 12:57 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no have him get a vys.
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 1:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Nope.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:02 AM on May. 13, 2009

• No, it will not. I have heard that it can case severe cramps while you are on your period & heavier bleeding. I don't know from experience but this is what others have told me that have gotten there tubes tired.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 1:03 AM on May. 13, 2009

• No, I used to have 3 day periods with no cramps or anything. After I got my tubes tied my period went to 5-7 days, cramps so bad you want to slap your mama and from a 26 in waist (after 1 kid) too a 28-29 in waist and can't loss it. Not to mention I had it done 1 day after I had my daughter and I couldn't hold her, or walk standing straight up for a week.
    pytmom3

Answer by pytmom3 at 1:05 AM on May. 13, 2009

• No it wont...If you want a long lasting birth control that will lessen or stop your periods, you should get the Mirena. I'm on my second one now and I love it! I recommended it to a friend and she got it and loves it. I never get my period anymore.
    20hockeymom5

Answer by 20hockeymom5 at 1:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I got my tubes tied and had no weight gain and no worse cramping than before. I didn't use that as our only birth control. i use to be so paranoid about getting preggers that short of me gluing him shut we used every thing else. lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:11 AM on May. 13, 2009

• No and it can make cramping worse. If you want permanent BC, I would suggest having hubby get a vasectomy. Its much safer, easier to recover from and doesnt mess with your hormones...LOL...My dh did it and its the best thing we ever did.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 10:08 AM on May. 13, 2009