Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

How can I help my neice?(my SIL & her DH are divorcing)

She doesnt have many friends to talk, to & her little brother is only 4. So do u ladies know a website where she can talk to other kids about her parents divorcing??????She is 13 btw

Answer Question

Asked by QueenOfNagsHead at 1:00 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

Level 2 (13 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • i don't know about a website, there may be a local support group, i would ask whoever you are closer to (SIL or her DH) to ask their lawyer if maybe their is a support group for teens of parents who are divorcing and she can attend that.
    honestly, i would be worried about websites devoted to that unless you, or someone else, could monitor her usage, which she would probably not be comfortable with b/c part of venting about your parents divorce at that age is the privacy you feel with your friends and knowing adults aren't going to "critisize" (sorry can't spell) your feelings. but with a website you'd have to worry about adults lurking going after kids who are not in the best state emotionally at that time.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 1:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

  • im 17 and my parents be happy to talk to her just message me if she has an email I can email with her. If she doesnt set her up with one.

    Answer by hug4akiss at 5:04 PM on May. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Teens (13-17)
is it normal?

Next question overall (Pregnancy)
getting tubes tied..?