Are you the nice parent or the mean parent?

Every set of parents has a nice parent and a mean parent, which are you?

sxc_mom_of2

Asked by sxc_mom_of2 at 1:10 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Daddy's the "nice" one but I'm not the "mean" one. I'm the...easily irritated one :-)
    jessicarae787

Answer by jessicarae787 at 1:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• i have to be both most of the time since hubby is navy. but when he's home i'm the mean one for the first few months b/c he wants to be nice, then we end up switching roles...but its more along the lines of ok she won't listen to me so i get him and she'll listen to him
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I'm more laid back. My husband is the rule maker/enforcer. I'm his backup. We don't play the "good cop/bad cop" in front of the kids though. We are a team.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:14 AM on May. 13, 2009

• i'm the same as jessicarae787. hubby is "nice" and i'm "easily irritated" lol
    llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• the mean parent because im the SAHM and my son sees me all day and i have to tell him 'no' while his father doesnt say no :p
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My diplomatic daugher (9yo) said, you guys are really hard to rate on that. My son 14 says, "I don't know." Typical of his age. My 11 year old son says, "both, you are both nice, but you yell more."
    Well, of course I yell more. Dad just has to stand up and they all jump up and clean. I have to drag them off the internet, make them do homework. I want a bigger present next year. LOL
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 1:25 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Seeing as I'm raising my son by myself, I am both. I see the happiness in his eyes when I am the nice parent. I see the sadness in his eyes when I am the mean parent. Makes me sad but hey, what can I do?
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 1:29 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My husband and I are equally both. We have 3 boys and they feel differently on who's mean and who's nice. I am sure my 17 year old thinks I am the nice one, my 9 year old thinks daddy is the nice one and my 12 year old could careless.....he probably thinks we're both the mean one...lol
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 1:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• im both, as i am a single mom..but more nice than mean,,lol
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 1:32 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It depends on what mood he has put me in, one day I am the coolest mom the next day I am the biggest bitch ever!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 1:34 AM on May. 13, 2009