• In the Spotlight:

doctors say its hard to find my cervix?

has anyone else had a doctor that told them that there cervix was curved or hard to find or a bit different? and if so can you still have a normal pregnancy when giving birth? honestly I am not even really sure what the cervix is....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:44 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• imagine your uterus is like a balloon, the opening to the balloon is the cervix, which opens into the birth canal (vagina). during pregnancy the cervix is closed until you go into labour. when you aren't pregnant, the cervix moves around a bit, it can be high and tight or low and a bit open, depending on what time of the month it is. check out http://www.beautifulcervix.com/cervix-photo-galleries/photos-of-cervix/ warning, pics are graphic

llansky

Answer by llansky at 1:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I had a slanted cervix and it took forever finding my cervix every doctors appointment. I did have a normal delivery and I was in labor for 6 hours and pushed for about 10 minutes.

Mommy2Mariah

Answer by Mommy2Mariah at 1:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• The position of your cervix to the vagina will have no effect on ability to get pregnant or labor and birth. It is hard to find sometimes because of it's position to the speculum.
    jen1350

Answer by jen1350 at 5:54 AM on May. 13, 2009