Another question got me thinking...

I am bi and single. I have a few friends that know that about me. One of them, also single, I just noticed I am starting to look at in a different light. She is cool with me just the way I am, but I don't think she has thought about that lifestyle for herself. Do I confess my feelings, or just continue to be her friend and hope that goes well?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• I think this will really depend on your friend. I mean, some people would take it as a compliment and think it was...for lack of a better term cute. I am not trying to belittle the feelings you have for your friend here, but that is the best way I can think to describe it. Others, like Sailorwife said would be so uncomfortable with the idea your friendship may never recover. Weigh your options. Are you comfortable just being her friend or will you always wonder? Are you willing to risk the friendship for something that may never happen? Is she the kind of person that would take kindly to your advance even if she didn't return the same emotions? There are so many factors here to consider, it would be impossible for me to give her advice. I would also recommend that you spend a little time away filling your time. Perhaps your feelings for her are more comfort and convenience than anything else.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 9:00 AM on May. 13, 2009

• my bisexual friend told me she had a crush on me to see how i would take it, when i told her i liked her but not like that she was cool with it.. i think she was warming up by always telling me how beautiful i was great confidence boost for your friend if nothing else ; )
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 2:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Talk to her a little bit. if she shys away drop it u dont want her freaked out and not talk to u again. good luck.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I think that if my bi friend came out and told me she liked me like that I wouldn't look at her the same anymore and would constantly wonder if everything she says is flirtatious or just friendly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Your lifestyle is your business, and I'm not slamming that.

But, you said - "I don't think she's thought about that lifestyle for herself." Now, if this isn't something she has thought about, then, honestly, that would say to me that this isn't something she would be into. Because, honestly, if she were attracted to women, don't you think that would be something she would have already had cross her mind? I mean, it's not like someone's suggesting she try a new restaurant in town that she might not have known was there...

I don't mean that mean, but honestly, your friend knows you're bi, so if she were bi or gay, then, by now she would have felt comfortable with telling you. Since she hasn't, then she's not going to respond to your advance, and do you want to risk the friendship for something that is 99% likely to not happen?

I don't mean this mean, I just don't want you to lose a friend, kwim? I'm sorry though :-(
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:38 AM on May. 13, 2009