birth control

Okay so I just got a persription for the nuva ring but im out of the loop on bc. For anyone who is on or know when do I start it? If it is like the pill I used to be on I started it when my period ended. Also is it like the pill where I need to use other bc methods such as a condom the first week or so or does this one kick in automatically?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:06 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• NO NO NO use a condom still.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Well if you are having a period then yes you start AFTER your period ends. You need to use condoms as back up for a month not just a week with the nuvaring. I can't beleive your doctor didn't tell you this before giving you the script.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:41 AM on May. 13, 2009

• USE A CONDOM!!! I was using Nuva-Ring and had been following the directions EXACTLY as it says in the leaflet that comes in the box and STILL got pregnant after having been using it for THREE months. I hope your doctor informed you that it IS a low-dose BC and that this could raise your chances of conceiving again. Best of luck!
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:40 AM on May. 13, 2009