cure for swollen ankles and feet

I am in my 7th month of pregnancy (30 weeks) and just noticed today how swollen my ankles and feet have gotten. I have a job where I stand all day and thats probably a huge part of it. Is there anything I can do to bring down the swelling. My husband says I have shrek feet.

sheenar

Asked by sheenar at 5:17 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Oh Man. My feet were SO huge. I had one pair of flip flops that fit...and they left strap marks. There's not a whole lot you can do. Elevate them as often as you can, make sure you are drinking plenty of water, and watch your sodium intake. Consider purchasing support stockings, which reduce the flow of fluid in your legs.

Remember that swelling can be a sign of preeclampsia, so if you are having blurry vision, headaches, or swelling in your wrists and hands, talk to your doctor. Otherwise, do what you can to make yourself comfortable. ((hug)) It will be over soon!
    Jenny-talia

Answer by Jenny-talia at 7:26 AM on May. 13, 2009

• This is the only thing I found that worked with swelling. Pour a bunch of lemon juice in your water, and drink at least 8 cups of lemon-water a day (without sugar). Just fresh lemon juice and water. After a few days the swelling will have gone down QUITE a bit! This was the only thing that helped my swelling (the lemon helps your body to flush out excess fluids). But then I quit drinking lemon water and I swelled right back up! So if you're going to do this, keep it up.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 8:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• The lemon water worked for me as well... I fell in love with my mid-wife after she suggested this to me!!! As for now though (until the lemon water kicks in) I would see if your boss would be able to give you a stool to sit on at work, or at least ask that you be able to take more breaks to get off of your feet, because it's really not healthy for your body to be upright all day.
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:32 AM on May. 13, 2009