Have you seen this?

I want to know if I'm the only one who has came across this website -

www.askdanandjennifer.com/

I love this - it gives upfront answers, and most importantly, it doesn't tell you to circumsize or not - it tells you to THINK about it. I wish more parents did.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:56 AM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• I'm just saying, my boys are 3 and 5, uncirc'ed, and have so far not had any issues. Just because a handful of people got an infection, doesn't make circ'ed penises cleaner or healthier, it just means it was better for those boys.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 8:31 AM on May. 13, 2009

• What is so bad about circumcision? It's healthier, and it's easier to keep clean.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 6:41 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Not saying its bad, just saying think before you do it. What's so wrong with having a reason for your actions?

It IS cosmetic. Think. That's all. I don't care what a person does as long as they're informed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It's not just for cosmetic reason. One of my VERY good friends did not have her son circumcised and his penis, got infected, and it would smell awful. This wasn't when he was a baby either. He was almost three when this happened. They had to take him to the doc and have it done. The same thing happened with my little brother years ago. It's healthier and easier to clean and take care of.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 6:52 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Information.

Its a beautiful thing.

One case where a child wasn't bathed properly proves nothing.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• He WAS bathed properly. I NEVER said he wasn't, and you have NO RIGHT to make assumptions!!! So IF you're SO knowledgeable what are all the pros and cons???
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 7:00 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It's up to the individual parent to make the decision to circumcise or not.

Babies, boys and men do have to have it done later because of different reasons. The skin can and does become infected to the point where some men have to have it done as adults. It does not mean they don't clean properly, it means they are one of the cases where it becomes medically necessary, anon :57. Your comment was uncalled for and rude.

It's so stupid that people feel the need to start threads like this. Every time one is started it only cause drama and stupid comments like that of anon:57.

What I really like are the ones who are against the practice and even comment that those who do it for medical or RELIGIOUS reasons are wrong for doing it!!! Some women are just stupid, catty and rude beyond belief.

Yes, I'm anon. I don't want to deal with the immaturity any more. This place is getting more stupid by the day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:48 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Don't you just love some of the anons who like to judge someone else's parenting decisions? We don't have to look at any one's site you are trying to promote. It's really no ones business why another chooses to do so but I'll tell you anyway. All the men in my family and my husbands family have been circumcised and I let my husband make that choice for our boys and he chose to do so. Nothing wrong with it either way but you don't see people posting crap on here why others have not circumcised. It's really a shame that you have to take time from your day to post something like this to get people going and let the drama begin.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 7:55 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Female cutting reduces the number of infections and STDs too and is "cleaner" for a woman so are we going to start doing that to our girls? What is the difference? People do girls for religious reasons too does that make it right? So the next time I get a UTI or vaginal infection I should get cut instead of treating it with antibiotics? 80% of the European male population is NOT circumcised and their rates of infection and STDs are very similiar to the USAs so I don't buy that as a valid excuse. Looking like dad isn't either would you get your daughter a boob job because she doesn't look like mom once she hits puberty?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Well said to the anon above. I like how you accurately gave comparrisons between Europe and the U.S. I have read comprehensive reports and the interesting thing is that boys in the U.S. who have undergone this procedure actually have more UTI's and other infections. Not because they were c-sized but just b/c. Who knows? But they know that it is at a higher rate. My son is circumsized and quite frankly he still has issues with his penis as far as it gets red and sore. I do use ointment and make sure it is clean....but he just has sensitive skin. Poor kid. I didn't choose to have a circumsision - his birthmother did. I would have gone the natural way.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:31 AM on May. 13, 2009