I don't understand why...

women have babies when they KNOW they can not afford them. I'm not just talking about mothers on welfare. I know times are tough for everyone. BUT if you know that you can not afford the basic necessities for a child, food, clothing, a bed, and a car seat. Why are they having sex without protection or birth control. And you can't tell me that condoms are too expensive and so is birth control, because you can go to Planned Parenthood, or a clinic, or even the Health Department and get FREE condoms. What do you ladies think?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:25 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

• Who CAN really afford a child??? We all are in need of HELP at some point in time. Things happen that we have no control of that prevent us from buying that bed, car seat and so on. You do NOT have to be rich to have a child and raise it.
    SweetKYmom

Answer by SweetKYmom at 6:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• OP Here: I'm not saying you HAVE to be rich, I'm saying that you need to be able to afford basic necessities, they do not have to be brand new, but you've got to be able to provide. I hate going out somewhere and seeing children with stained clothes that are to small, and shoes that are falling apart. It just isn't fair to the children. I know that if I were to have a baby right now I could afford it. Money would be tight, but I have the means to buy a bed, car seat, food, and clothing. I don't think I could ever put myself in a position where I had to choose "light bill" over "food" for my kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:50 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree you need to at least be able to eye rollingafford diapers, food, formula etc. It totally pisses me off to see posts on here that say I am running out of formula and my wic checks do not start for another 2 weeks, what do I do? Maybe they should have thought about that before hand?

lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:43 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Even if u can afford to take care of the child, something can always go wrong or happen for that makes it difficult to take care of the child. For example losing your job. God doesn't give u something u can not handle. You ever think on ppl who live in poor places? they don't have bed or even need a carseat and clothes isn't that imp. they use what they have. So i disagree with the point you're trying to make!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Just because you don't have nomore formula doesn't mean your child will die of hunger!!!! lapcounter- that's a stupid senseless thing to say. Just because you cnt afford formula for a few days means u cnt afford a child??!! please!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yeah whatever anon. 6:57 keep telling yourself that :)
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:58 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I will! your're the spoiled one, ppl nowadays don't know how to appreciate what they got
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:00 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I agree with anon 7.57!! That's dumb to say. I cnt always afford everything but i buy what i could...ppl have hard time and not being able to buy formula is not one of them! Learn the difference lapcounter
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:03 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Anon 7:00 you are very wrong I APPRECIATE what we have we have worked VERY HARD for what we have and are lucky, it is people who do not know how to work to achieve what we have and then set and b**** because they are not given enough in WIC or PA, not my problem. Have a great day I am off to WORK!!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 8:04 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Everyone's not you that's what you dnt understand, you cnt just say that ppl aren't allowed to have children just because they cnt afford formula. Not everyone got the perfect job or whatever. As long as they can feed their children is all that matter wheter they have formula or not. But u make it sound like once u cnt afford something then you shouldnt have any kids! Not everyone can get a job to earn as much as you do...so just run off to your perfect lil job. n im not b**** bout anythng its just that ppl like u think or urself and not others
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on May. 13, 2009