Failed Birth Control?

Just curious - was anyone here taking "The Pill" as directed and got pregnant anyway? What brand were you taking? I've heard stories of low-dose birth control being less effective.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:57 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got pregnant on Ortho-Evra. Not fun. Me and my ex are dealing with it though. I got pregnant and then we broke up and then I found out. I don't know about low-doses being ineffective, but I do know that if you don't take it at the EXACT same time every day then it's not as effective.
    iinstantstarr

Answer by iinstantstarr at 7:17 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Yes hunny I was sick took an antibiotic while on the pill and became pregnant. Antibiotics have something in them that breaks down the birthcontrol medication.
    Onlygodknowswhy

Answer by Onlygodknowswhy at 7:29 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Smoking also decreases the effectiveness of birth control.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't know about the pill, but I was using Nuva-Ring and got pregnant with this child. It's a low dose form of birth control, which I wasn't told until AFTER I got pregnant. We didn't plan it, but we are pretty excited about our newest daughter being here soon!!!

Due May 21st.
    TashaLee

Answer by TashaLee at 10:29 AM on May. 13, 2009