Do you like HOUSE MD? What is it about?

Hubby wants to rent season 1 and I'm wondering, is it totally set in a hospital, like another ER?

jalex

Asked by jalex at 7:51 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Entertainment

• Yes, but they do a lot stranger cases than ER. And House has a vicodin addiction.
    LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 7:56 AM on May. 13, 2009

• House is the kind of dr I want if I am dying... an ass who is going to tell me look this is how it is.. not sugar coat things. I love that show.. God I miss having cable!!!
    SuthrnPrincess

Answer by SuthrnPrincess at 8:01 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Im with you suthrn. I got an antenna so at least I can watch Fox! I rented all the seasons before that and fell in love with the show. My husband did too! GO FOR IT!
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 8:07 AM on May. 13, 2009

• House is a trip. I love him. He is such an ass and is hilarious. He tells it how it is. That's how I was when I worked patrol and people want you to sugar coat stuff. Sometimes that just won't work. You have to tell it like it is in a way that people will understand.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 8:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If you like medical mysteries (and trying to figure out what is wrong with patients), and a snarky doctor, then this show is for you! Hubby and I LOVE it! We rented Seasons 1 & 2 and later decided to buy those seasons that were out on DVD...never get tired of Dr. House!

It is set in Princeton, NJ, and Dr. House is beyond brilliant, but with that brilliance he lacks good "bedside manner" which makes the show that much more entertaining. There is a bit of a "soap opera" theme that runs throughout, but it's minor and not overly dramatic....just adds a little "human nature" to the stories. HIGHLY recommend it! :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:08 AM on May. 13, 2009

• OMG...HOUSE is awesome. Rent it and you will be hooked. I want someone to discuss the seasone finale with, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who hasnt seen it yet!....LOL......House is a smart ass vicodin addicted doctor who is angry at the world and won't let anyone get close to him. He has a team of 3 people who help him in his diagnostics. Hes a diagnostician. Its his job to find out whats wrong with these cases. He gets these epiphanies at the last minute and figures it all out. Theres a lot of mind games played. The story is about the case, but theres always a side story about the doctors personal lives too. Oh and House secretly is in love with his boss. They have this love hate relationship but deep down, they both want to get it on...LOL. GO get it today! Oh and it comes on USA in the evenings and on saturdays.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:54 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I absolutely love this show. I have always been interested in medicine, and while they do side stories on the doctors like momofsaee said, they have a variety of strange medical conditions- for example, watched rerun last night with a case of Black Plague! But House is a gruff character and there are people that love him and the show and there are those that think he's a big jerk and won't watch. So you could go either way, but I am a big fan!
    Stefanie1085

Answer by Stefanie1085 at 9:45 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Thanks everyone! I'll que it for netflix :)
    jalex

Answer by jalex at 10:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My husband and I both love house also. Hey momofsaee, I watched the finale- would be glad to chat, PM if you'd like. I was quite confused and shocked at the end- and thought the brief appearance of a certain someone was awesome (didn't give anything away lol)
    LuckyClown

Answer by LuckyClown at 11:13 AM on May. 13, 2009

• It's the most fantastic show you will ever watch.
    OneToughMami

Answer by OneToughMami at 2:01 PM on May. 13, 2009