deployed

i have a friend whos husband is or is away in the army not over seas.its strange i am noticing that she is doing everything to keep her daughter occupied and not her son and he is the one who needs it.he just plays hockeyin the driveway in the afternoon while his sister goes off to all these activities.i feel like saying to her that your son is the one is the one who needs the actitvities the daughter could care less she is her mothers daughter and doesnt even seem to care when hes home.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:26 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Relationships

• It is so dangerous to give one child more attention then the other. I think it would be a good idea to just kind of mention it to her in a kind way, maybe she just hasn't noticed being more attentive to her daughter and not her son. You know how you have that one child that is independent and never seems to need you much? Well that could be the case here. But yeah, just kindly suggest some after school activities that you know of that would probably be good for her son. She my be appreciative for your suggestions. Good Luck!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:34 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Are you in the House with them 24/7? Are you keeping a journal? Too many people are so quick to jump into other people's lives.. instead of working on their own! I'm sure there is something you do with your family/kids that others might think "wrong" or whatever! If you are so concerned and that good of a friend why don't you go out and play hockey with the boy or ask her if you can lend some "time" with her kids so she can get some "me" time and re-group and realize what she needs to do/be! Alot of times WE know it but we are worn out! Trust me, it's tough.
    Anonymous