after taking birth controll for 4 years..

Will i be able to get pregnant. when i was 14 i was raped by my boyfriend and 3 months later i realized i was pregnant, well when i was about 5 - 6 months he decides he dont wanna be with me anymore and cheats on me, i stqayed with him cos i was scared and i never told my mom. i ended up telling her i was pregnant and when she said something to him he got pissed off and when we were alone he beat me like a man. I had to goto the hospital and have some DNC? thingy. i heard that having that can cause you to not be able to have kids later in life, same with a abortion. cos they have to open it more and if they mess up then.... but i took birth controll patches from when i was 15 - 16, then i used the shot for 9 months, then used nothing for 6, now i just used the patches again to regulate my period ive been taking them for 3 - 4 months now, this month i didn't put them on. is it true that birth controll and all that can make you.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:35 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• From your little timeline you gave, you seem very young still, correct?

B/C will not make you infertile. If you take the Depo shot, it can take a year or more before it's all out of your system. A D&C can cause some fertility problems but that likelihood is small. If you are concerned about your fertility, then go see a doctor. If you are planning on TTC, then you should have a pre-TTC checkup anyways.
    smull1

Answer by smull1 at 2:06 PM on May. 13, 2009

• is it true that taking birth controll can make you unfertilized?
    and can the DNC mess up your body?
    wow, any help would be nice..
    please dont bash me, im asking cos i honestly dont know :(
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:36 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I don't know about DNC's, but I had an abortion when I was 18 and never had problems getting pregnant to start a family. I was always on the pill for birth control and nothing else and to my knowledge it doesn't make you infertile.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:49 AM on May. 13, 2009

• birth control won't make you infertile and i have had 2 d&c and i have had a child afterwards with no problems.and after you get off that depo shot and can take a year or more to get pregnant.it took us a year and 3 months.
    kb24

Answer by kb24 at 8:53 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Thats a lot to go through. I am very sorry for what happened to you. I think you will be fine. I took BC pills on and off starting at age 18 and when we wanted a baby, I just stopped, then I got on them after baby. I did that 3 times and after baby no 4, I havent been on anything. Hubby did it..LOL....Really, I think your body is fine.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 9:43 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I started bc when I was 13,I took the depo from then until I wa s16 then went on to the pill bc the dr said I had it too long and it can cause bone loss,I used the pill until I was 18 and got pregnant within 5 months of stopping it.now I have been on the pill for 2 yrs and just quit it in march,hopefully ill be pregnan tsoon. GL to you and hope you get what you want.:)
    Lindasmama

Answer by Lindasmama at 12:16 PM on May. 13, 2009