why do some people need invtiro?

wouldnt it be less stressful to just adopt? ... or maybe 'god' doesnt think you should have a baby? ...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

• Your ? is kinda rude. Where I never had trouble, I would use it if I had to. If God didn't want them to bad enough, invitro wouldn't even work anyway.
    KARRIEMARIE

Answer by KARRIEMARIE at 8:39 AM on May. 13, 2009

• My sister and bil are going through the adoption process, and it is very stressful for them. If people can afford to do IVI or IVF, why shouldn't they? It's not our place to judge what is right for another couple in their path to parenthood.
    canadianmom1974

Answer by canadianmom1974 at 8:40 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Adoption is very stressful, lengthy and takes its toll too. I think the there are many paths to parenthood and everyone has to choose which one works for them and meets their needs. Sometimes more than one path is taken to achieve the goal. I don't judge anyone in an infertile position. I don't know how they feel so I don't attempt to try. It was easy for me.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• **oh and God has nothing to do with this.
    momofsaee

• I'm not sure I understand your question. But I did just wake up. As a mother who chose to adopt I can only tell you that the process of adopting was very emotional, stressful, financially draining and overwhelming at times. So much so that my husband and I are not planning on adopting the same way again. I had a coworker who used invitro technology to assist with pregancy and it went well with his wife. Their first try and it was successful. I don't assume that couples who have difficulty conceiving or carrying a pregancy to term are not meant to be parents. I do think couples need to decide what path is right for them - no children, children, and then if they want children how they plan to welcome them into their home. It is a very deeply personal choice.
    frogdawg

Answer by frogdawg at 8:47 AM on May. 13, 2009

• If I hadn't gotten pregnant when I did, one month later I was going to do Invitro. Why? Because I wanted to be pregnant and have my own baby. I feel so blessed that I was able to have a baby without Invitro, however, if I had to have it done, I know that I was meant to have a baby. For you to say that maybe God doesn't feel a person should have a child because they have fertility problems is a horrible statement. You are a cold-hearted person and I feel sorry for you! You have nothing better to do than start drama on here just to make yourself feel better. If you have kids, which I'm assuming you do, I really hope that they don't take after you!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:30 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Judgemental much?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:37 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Because the world needs 39058713809571039857103987513095 more kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Judgemental much?

No kidding!!! Obviously you've never had difficulty conceiving. Wow, what a harsh question. Not being able to have children is a difficult thing, as well as being a very personal decision. Some people really want to experience pregnancy, there's nothing wrong with that.
    Bethsunshine

Answer by Bethsunshine at 9:58 AM on May. 13, 2009

• While I agree with you, but not because God doesn't want them to have kids, but because nature doesn't. I also feel that it is a personal decision. There are too many children on this earth that need good homes and yes adoption is a stressful process to me it is worth it. I have witnessed 3 people use drugs or invitro to get pregnant and end up not being able to give birth because their bodies wouldn't dilate or go into labor or whatever. To me that is nature's way of saying they shouldn't be getting pregnant, but that is in no way saying they should not raise children and make wonderful parents, but nature doesn't see them as good candidates to do it with their own body! There is a reason things happen the way they do.

Most people do not agree with this opinion and that is why I NEVER voice it so I do not get attacked. I hope this doesn't get too bad for you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 13, 2009