Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

how could it work?... or could it?

ok, i am a single mom with a 4 yr old son. i moved back in with my parents 3 yrs ago. when its just me and colt (my son) he is so good, i couldnt ask for a better kid. but.... when memaw and papaw are here, well it is like a different boy! he WILL NOT mind me AT ALL !! i cant work because i dont have ANYONE that can keep him, no one can handel him. and i am so over the way he acts when thay are here. i want to move out so bad i can taste it! but the ONLY income we have is his check. we live off it anyways but how could i move out if i cant work?? or could i even more out??
please help i need ideas or something.

Answer Question

Asked by bigtimemom at 8:41 AM on May. 13, 2009 in General Parenting

Level 1 (0 Credits)
Answers (2)
  • look into programs that offer assistance on daycare. around here there is one called ICAP i don't know how it works exactly but i know they pay part of your child care costs.

    Answer by aly38914290 at 9:34 AM on May. 13, 2009

  • If your child acts differently when your parents are around then you must be acting differently too. Do you refuse to spank him in front of the grandparents? Or do they step in and stop you from parenting. Children push the limits all the time. It is almost their job. who is changing the rules when the grandparnts are there? I'm not a perfect parent by any means, but my kids know that I will deal with them wherever we are; at the grocery store, at church, in a restaraunt. There is no place and nobody who will stop me from being the parent.

    Answer by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on May. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.