Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What options do I have in getting housing assistance?

I was originally going to wait for son to graduate HS, before I made a move. He has 3 years before he graduates. Was looking into possible move to Delaware. Even if I was to get a small TH, Condo or an apartment would suite me just fine. Curious as to how much rent would cost up there? I have slight disabilities but able to work part time, but presently was laid off 3 months ago from my job.

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Money & Work

Answers (1)
  • You may qualify. I am not sure how things are in Deleware, but if you have a disability, you would probably qualify for something low income. Where the govt doesn't actually pay your payments, but you will get low rent payments like $150.00 or $200.00 a month. Probalbly not over $350.00 depending on how much you are bringing in from your job. It would usualyl be in an apartment or one of those housing duplex places. Hope this helps a little.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 AM on May. 13, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.

Next question in Money & Work
I don't understand why...

Next question overall (Kids' Health)
how to treat HSP?

close Cafemom Join now to connect to other members! Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN