• In the Spotlight:

How is your hand shake?

so lastnight was Dudes kinder grad, and i met all his friends mamas.. I have a hard/stern hand shake and my hubby seems to think that only men should.. He said i should have a sweet soft one.. I DONT THINK SO.. What about you? Do you judge by the hand shake? I do and i dont like some girly first to meet ya hand shake.. I take pride in mine..

HottMamaRossx2

Asked by HottMamaRossx2 at 9:26 AM on May. 13, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I agree. I have a firm handshake too although I've never had anyone come right out and tell me it was too firm. I think a firm handshake relays confidence. I hate getting a handshake that's barely more than a touch. I get one of two vibes off of it. One, I feel offended because I feel like this person doesn't want to be shaking my hand or two, this person is weak.
    sillyt

Answer by sillyt at 9:33 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I have a firm one also but I don't judge by others handshakes.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:36 AM on May. 13, 2009

• my dh is that way he forgets when hes shaken a girls hand lol ouch. but as for me its firm not hurt but it lets them know im confident and secure. and its a full hand shake not a here are my fingers its full fist i hate barly there shakes..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:44 AM on May. 13, 2009

• mines firm too,I agree with sillyt about weak handshakes,it does make you feel like they don't wanna touch your hand lol.
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 10:18 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I feel a woman should have a firm but not manly grasp. I am a Lady and have a ladies handshake. I may shake only once or twice. I do make eye contact and say "pleased to meet you" or "how do you do". If you are comfortable acting like a man, by all means, do so. If you are comfortable with your husband thinking you are behaving in a masculine way...I suppose that's ok too. It's ultimately up to you but your husband has expressed in so many words that he wishes you would act a bit more like a Lady. I'd do it for him if not for yourself. Let the bashing commence.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 13, 2009

• I like a sturdy handshake, & my handshake is certainly not a limp one. BUT, i have to say, there have been a few times when a woman's handshake was stronger than any man's handshake & I didn't like it. I can't even really explain why, it just made me feel uncomfortable. I think there should be a good medium, not too hard & not too soft. It just feels weird when you go to shake a womans hand and she grips you very hard, it's like she is trying to prove something. That is the first thought that pops in my head.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:46 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Mine is probably limp then, because I hate touching people and hate people touching me. When forced, which is the only time I would do it, I want as little contact as possible for the shortest amount of time. (I also don't do eye contact.) As for the firmness or whatever of others, well I have no idea because all I care about is getting away from the touch, but, I think all this "it shouldn't be like a man's" or whatever is bullshit. It is what it is.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 11:09 AM on May. 13, 2009

• Firm is not manly. it is repctable. I think wimpy hand shakes are for wimps. especially in a business setting,
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:20 PM on May. 13, 2009

• ANON 9:38am; you are funny..
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 2:40 PM on May. 13, 2009